Looking for fishing buddy for Oakridge, Eugene, Santiam pass, etc

tastybrookies
tastybrookies
Hey all, I live in Eugene and am looking for someone to fish with in the Eugene and Oakridge area this summer. I prefer fishing for brook trout in the high mountain lakes, and these are only accessible after the snow melts. Examples of lakes I've fished are Abernethy, Midnight, Blair, Spirit, Timpanogas and Gander near Oakridge, and Daly, Hidden, Parrish, and Fay off Santiam Pass. I want to hike and fish the Eight Lakes Basin this summer, as well as find Cougar, Robinson, and Crescent Lake (the ones deep off Santiam Pass, not the popular ones). I'm also interested in fishing some of the lakes off the Cascade Lakes highway. I have a small two person raft, and a larger 3 person raft, and I eat everything I catch. If you're interested in joining me, shoot me a PM.

troutdude
troutdude
FYI I don't recall if it's Daly, Parrish, or another nearby lake...but Amber is found in one of them. You could cool OFF, on a hot day, by diving/snorkeling to see if you can find any. Some Amber is worth a "pretty penny" as they say.

tastybrookies
tastybrookies
troutdude said:
FYI I don't recall if it's Daly, Parrish, or another nearby lake...but Amber is found in one of them. You could cool OFF, on a hot day, by diving/snorkeling to see if you can find any. Some Amber is worth a "pretty penny" as they say.
That's wild! There's two other lakes near there, RIggs and Don, so it could be those as well. Riggs was fished out when I found it, but I want to find Don this summer as well. Where did you hear about the amber?

Reactions: troutdude
troutdude
troutdude
tastybrookies said:
That's wild! There's two other lakes near there, RIggs and Don, so it could be those as well. Riggs was fished out when I found it, but I want to find Don this summer as well. Where did you hear about the amber?
It may be Riggs that I'm thinking of. But I heard about it, somewhere/somehow, back in the 80's I think. Probably from my sister or her employers back then. At a bead and paraphenilia shop. I've never been there myself.

Top Bottom