Looking for a fun fight!

D
Dirty Bird
So lately i've been fishing Fairview lake intensely and on a good night my buddies an I caught 22 yellow bullheads ranging from 5" to 8"... nothing special but quite of few of em will make a meal ;) lol. Recently I caught a common carp there too! Whopping 11" and hardly put up a fight though he was a lil fiesty guy. Not too long ago though i've seen tons of them and now not so much... spawning season is coming closer to an end though I still see them here an there surfacing. Also, found a can of corn someone was using to bait them. Kinda against the law and unethical. I've used corn there many times and only got nibbles probably from the cats. Main reason for hopping on tonight was to find out some tactics on bull trout since i'm going to Lake Billy Chinook this saturday through monday an renting a boat. Guess i'll find the appropriate area to post and hop to.

I
igquick
Congrats! You finally got your first carp! It was probably nearly 1 lb lol. Hopefully one day you will get a big one...did you catch that one at night? What bait were you using for the carp?

Ive caught all kinds of trout but not a bull trout from that Lake. If they are like any other trout, they should be in deep water since we are about to get warmer weather and jigging a huge worm would do the trick

D
Dirty Bird
The bull trout thrive in cold water and since its getting warmer they'll be down down down like 40' or 50'. Pretty much got it figured out on what i'll do there. As for the carp I caught him in the late evening time probably around 8 or so and using just a nightcrawler. Try using Mike's Earthworm Oil. That stuff truely works. I thought it was all ******** until my buddy had me use it and you will get more fish generally. He was quite small too lol. I'll have to post the pic here when my phone charges up some.