Little Nestucca

B
bass_junkie
I was just seein if anyone had some advice on the little nestucca I heard there was some fresh fish runnin through there right now if anyone else has heard anything, I would greatly appreciate any advice or hints or tips on any other rivers around that area, I'm new to salmon fishin and would like to try and get into some on saturday, thanks for any input!

M
markasd
Quite a few ho-bags... was there on monday and the nooks hooked were beyond my smoking capabilities!

B
bass_junkie
Do you think there would be any fresh ones runnin up there by saturday?

J
jawjacker
the nooks hooked were beyond my smoking capabilities!
lol! Nicely put

K
Keith
Bass_Junkie,

I'll be down there this weekend as well.

There are fresh fish coming in, but a lot of them came in earlier and are hanging around in the tide water and are a little ripe! But fresh fish are around... it all depends on the rain. You may want to try the main Nestucca, rather than the Little Nestucca, or perhaps the Salmon River just down the road.

Might see you down there somewhere.

B
bass_junkie
cool thanks for the input so out of the salmon river or nestucca which one has better bank access, or maybe a better chance of a hookup i've never fished either before so tryin to better my odds lol.

J
JKham
bass_junkie said:
cool thanks for the input so out of the salmon river or nestucca which one has better bank access, or maybe a better chance of a hookup i've never fished either before so tryin to better my odds lol.

X2 about bank access for these river? I want to explore more of the coastal waters since the Sandy and Clackamas rivers have been very slow this year.

brandon4455
brandon4455
salmon river has good bank access i suppose,maybe only decent but it's always shoudler to shoulder packed with flossers, the run is about over all the fish ive heard of or seen out of there are spawners. good idea to wait until next season especially since we have been gettng rain, once the main run of fish gets above the small waterfall at the tackle shop it's game over,they are all dark and spawning and near the deadline

Last edited:
J
JKham
brandon4455 said:
salmon river has good bank access i suppose,maybe only decent but it's always shoudler to shoulder packed with flossers, the run is about over all the fish ive heard of or seen out of there are spawners. good idea to wait until next season especially since we have been gettng rain, once the main run of fish gets above the small waterfall at the tackle shop it's game over,they are all dark and spawning and near the deadline
Thanks for the reply. Sounds like a place I don't want to go to. I absolutely hate combat fishing and flossing. Its just not right to be foul hooking fish in the body, tail, whatever... I wished I had a boat. It getting hard to find good bank access without shoulder to shoulder battling. Sandy is usually my choice but the fishing has been so slow this year.

brandon4455
brandon4455
JKham said:
Thanks for the reply. Sounds like a place I don't want to go to. I absolutely hate combat fishing and flossing. Its just not right to be foul hooking fish in the body, tail, whatever... I wished I had a boat. It getting hard to find good bank access without shoulder to shoulder battling. Sandy is usually my choice but the fishing has been so slow this year.
sometimes you can get to a few spots where theres nobody,maybe 1 or two people, usually the hole above where everyone is fishign is where i find best fishing a few things to know about the salmon river, tidewater at the 101 bridge area and bryer patch tossing spinenrs work good, you will find a decent amount of bait and spin fisherman but there are flossers in the mix, the hatchery and ten shed holes are not too bad once a few fish are out of tidewater, after a good rain in october and everyone is fishing the rose lodge bridge fish the hole right behind the tackle shop, you will be all by yourself with a pod o nooks or hos and it's game on,so sometimes it isn't too bad. if you do winter steelhead then i could help you out there, i can pm ya if you want steelhead info on that river. i don't mean to make it sound like a terrible place, theres just terrible people. if you can stand the crowds and all then your bound to get a fish eventually, also a good river to target sea run cutthroat in fyi

Last edited: