Legal or not

B
bigdog
EC=Eagle creek the log jam (there are two) is a place down river from bonnie lure bridge where a lot of logs and other things have got jammed up and the creek runs through them. The fish tend to hold and hide in the log jams as well.

M
metalmania
bigdog said:
I never said I wanted to call OSP on them for it just was wondering because I have heard from one person that it's ilegal and from another that it's legal. So I'm just wanting to know what is true. Myself I would be worried about snapping my rod or something trying that. That or falling in the water. I have a hard time crossing some of the log jams to get to the holes let alone trying to fight a fish on one.

I didn't mean to sound like an a## for saying don't call osp. I belive it's wrong and should be stopped. All i'm saying is I wish OSP had the money to protect other wildlife, rather than tryin to make money busting people for snagging and things of that sort. Sorry if I offended you or anyone else it was not my intent.

B
bigdog
metalmania said:
I didn't mean to sound like an a## for saying don't call osp. I belive it's wrong and should be stopped. All i'm saying is I wish OSP had the money to protect other wildlife, rather than tryin to make money busting people for snagging and things of that sort. Sorry if I offended you or anyone else it was not my intent.

Oh no offence took at all, I was just want to know if its legal or not. You didn't seem like a @$$ at all. I agree with you fully.

M
metalmania
bigdog said:
Oh no offence took at all, I was just wanting to get it out there that I just want to know if its legal or not.

Cool man glad I didn't p*** anyone off. Ya if it's not illegal, it should be. It's just another form of snagging.

B
bigdog
metalmania said:
Cool man glad I didn't p*** anyone off. Ya if it's not illegal, it should be. It's just another form of snagging.

Thats kinda of how I see it but there are so many people I see doing it. Like I said if anything I would be scared of falling in :lol:

M
metalmania
bigdog said:
Thats kinda of how I see it but there are so many people I see doing it. Like I said if anything I would be scared of falling in :lol:

I can't seem to keep from falling in regardless of what i'm doing. I filled my waders today chasing a fish:lol:.

kirkster
kirkster
bigdog said:

Ya it sucks falling in. I know my waders have a huge leak at the very top. Fills up fast:doh::lol:

B
bigdog
kirkster said:
Ya it sucks falling in. I know my waders have a huge leak at the very top. Fills up fast:doh::lol:

Yeah no kidding.

M
metalfisher76
I have a leak ina really bad spot now. Think low!COLD!! Gonna do some patchin today, football`s on , it`s a good day for it.
Should be illigal .

kirkster
kirkster
Dont forget the beverages.:lol:

M
metalfisher76
kirkster said:
Dont forget the beverages.:lol:

YES! Beverages:dance: and then :yay: and then :tongue: and then ZZZZZZZZ

kirkster
kirkster
chica chica yaaaaaaaaaaa:dance:

T
troutmasta
Fogel :lol:

P
pdx89
metalmania said:
Yep, it sucks it happens, but OSP has better things to do. The only reason there's a lot of police presence at popular snagging spots is cause they need more money bad. It's easy to make a lot writing tickets all day over scanning miles of forest tryin to find one lawbreaker. OSP needs better funding, then things might start to change.

can't agree more.. alittle off topic, but i have good friends in diffrent agencies... all of them say, that they are forced and pressured to write as much tickets as possibly, and for judges not to even think about reducing...
OK, its bad sounding.. but i rather have Police stop poaching of a few dozen Elk/Deer, then few dozens of some old red/black-sided dead coho which are now only food fish, if so... bigger impact on the future. just a thought

Last edited:
B
bigdog
Just follow the rules and the laws and won't have to worry about getting a ticket.

P
pdx89
thats the plan!
and in the end we should more about ourselves:)

B
bigdog
pdx89 said:
thats the plan!
and in the end we should more about ourselves:)

We should more about ourselves??

P
pdx89
that we do whats right yourselfs

G
GoneFishin2134
When we were at the mouth we saw the same thing, people wadding out into the water, size 6 lure, reeled to the top eye, and snagging fish.

I Have to say this is definitely illegal, and still is considered snagging. I hate people who snag fish, then go home and most likely make up some story on how they fought the fish for 20 mins.....makes me mad thinking of people snagging fish. My $.02

F
fishndad
i go out 2-3 times a week and catch salmon! sometimes i land 10 or more but not once do i need to snag one. i use the sportsman method i cast my gear and wait for a bite! this makes anyone more happy if they can succeed without snagging! if i catch a snagger he is more then likely gonna fall in the river on accident........thats my .02 cents