Lazy bird gets the worm!

B
bigdog
metalmania said:
Ya that'a it would be nice to know the bottom contour before the water gets high. I might have to run over to the trask and check that out to. I hear there's some serious monsters that run up there, and i'd really like to hook into one:pray:.

Yeah thats what they say. Anywhere from 8-22 pond steelies thats some big steel if you ask me.

M
metalmania
bigdog said:
Yeah thats what they say. Anywhere from 8-22 pond steelies thats some big steel if you ask me.

One day I will get my chance at a 20+. Until then i'll be doing a lot of this:pray:,:lol:.

F
Flymstr
One of each

One of each

Got them on Eagle Creek. Last week.
:cool:

B
bigdog
Flymstr said:
Got them on Eagle Creek. Last week.
:cool:

I'm finding very hard to believe that you got a 20+ pond steelhead on eagle creek. Let me refraze that you didn't get no 20+ pound steelhead on eagle creek.

M
metalmania
bigdog said:
I'm finding very hard to believe that you got a 20+ pond steelhead on eagle creek. Let me refraze that you didn't get no 20+ pound steelhead on eagle creek.

:lol:I think he was just responding to Cohosanders post but didn't quote him.

B
bigdog
metalmania said:
:lol:I think he was just responding to Cohosanders post but didn't quote him.

Ok I hope so :lol: Oh yeah I forgot about that one sorry my bad there :lol:

M
metalfisher76
bigdog said:
Ok I hope so :lol: Oh yeah I forgot about that one sorry my bad there :lol:

Trust me, they are there. Far and few between but my brother had a PIIIG of a fish on last year. Maybe not 20 but pushin it. I get 14`s every year so to think they can`t get any bigger on that crick is very naive.
waydownbatch013.jpg
He was dark about 13 lbs. but had the best meat.

O
osmosis
I got a 38 inch steelhead while fishing with Arctic on EC last year. It was easily in the ballpark of 17-18lbs, and was a hatchery fish.

F
Flymstr
big fish

big fish

I have to jump in on this one. My largest Steelhead ever was on eagle creek. In 1986 I got a 43" by 21" buck hatchery fish. It's weight was 26 LBS. I have fished there for 30 years and this is the biggest I have ever seen, on the creek. I have landed several near the 20's, but nothing near the size of that one. They are there, you just have to be there everyday when they are running.
Also
I have fished Steelhead all over the world, and although Eagle Creek may not have the largest fish, (like the B.C Penn), I am drawn back here every year, because of the creek, and the people I have fished with over the years. So at the end of my Alaskan season every year, I come back by choice to fish this great creek.

Last edited:
M
metalfisher76
" I have to jump in on this one."
I knew ya would. I wish you would have seen that fish that broke my brother off 3 minutes before you got there, and 15+ minutes into the fight. But I sure didn`t have to convince you what just transpired.:shock:

C
Cohosanders
Flymstr said:
I have to jump in on this one. My largest Steelhead ever was on eagle creek. In 1986 I got a 43" by 21" buck hatchery fish. It's weight was 26 LBS. I have fished there for 30 years and this is the biggest I have ever seen, on the creek. I have landed several near the 20's, but nothing near the size of that one. They are there, you just have to be there everyday when they are running.
Also
I have fished Steelhead all over the world, and although Eagle Creek may not have the largest fish, (like the B.C Penn), I am drawn back here every year, because of the creek, and the people I have fished with over the years. So at the end of my Alaskan season every year, I come back by choice to fish this great creek.

Are you talking about off the clackamas or up by Bonneville?

F
Flymstr
Clackamas

Clackamas

The Clackamas eagle creek. I don't fish the other one very often nowadays.

B
bigdog
Ok so maybe I'm wrong sure wouldn't be the first time.

B
bigdog
osmosis said:
I got a 38 inch steelhead while fishing with Arctic on EC last year. It was easily in the ballpark of 17-18lbs, and was a hatchery fish.

Sorry been told can't believe anything AA says so I don't know man:lol: Nice to see your still around Alen, hope everything is going good for you.

F
Flymstr
Who

Who

Who is AA???

O
osmosis
Don't worry about it Flymaster. You could use the search function if you're really interested. He simply was a member that has moved on to other forums.