Launch from Dayton

bass
bass
Nice job guys! Sounds like you all caught some nice fish and got to really enjoy yourselves while doing it. Fishing does not get better than that!

ooth23
ooth23
Launching from either the yamy at dayton or the wille chehalem paddle launch any updates on the water,current,and bass fish reports?

G
Gettin' Jiggy Wid It
ooth23
ooth23
Well I opted not to take the Canoe out I had heard from other sources the Dayton launch was a mess. I just went out with pole in hand just to get out on a nice day and drop a line in the water and sure enough the launch was a sticky mucky mess. Mud was deep and up the launch about 15 feet down to the water line no way is a vessel getting launched by foot and I would be hesitant to back vehicle down that also for anyone who may be thinking of taking out of there. As far as the fishing goes it was a bit slow but in my 4 hours 3 nice size smallies were pulled out. 1 by me about 13 inches, another fella pulled a 15 incher and as I was leaving a guy who just dropped his line in pulled out a mammoth 18 incher. So they are there just need patience. And for the bank fishers there is too is a bit slimy and mucky I would suggest some muck boots.

bass
bass
ooth23 said:
Well I opted not to take the Canoe out I had heard from other sources the Dayton launch was a mess. I just went out with pole in hand just to get out on a nice day and drop a line in the water and sure enough the launch was a sticky mucky mess. Mud was deep and up the launch about 15 feet down to the water line no way is a vessel getting launched by foot and I would be hesitant to back vehicle down that also for anyone who may be thinking of taking out of there. As far as the fishing goes it was a bit slow but in my 4 hours 3 nice size smallies were pulled out. 1 by me about 13 inches, another fella pulled a 15 incher and as I was leaving a guy who just dropped his line in pulled out a mammoth 18 incher. So they are there just need patience. And for the bank fishers there is too is a bit slimy and mucky I would suggest some muck boots.

Thanks for the update on the launch. Glad to hear you had some success even if the fishing was a bit slow.

G
Gettin' Jiggy Wid It
Yes, thanks for the launch info. The Yamhill crested at 40 ft earlier this year during all the rain...it must have been impressive to see...i hadn't even thought about the potential damage to the launch. Bummer...maybe the county will clear the mud and do some minor repairs?