Latest update on Big Cliff

R
RLK
From an employee of the US Army Corp of Engeneers. There is no idea of when the lake will be reopened for boat use (not even he knows why). The only thing he knows is that the pencil pushers in portland have decided that the Dam can not support the lake at full level. The funny thing is that the lake actually holds less water than it used to do to the incoming gravel and rocks from lawhead and sardine creeks. many of us have boats that can still be launched in these water conditions. During certain times of the day that lake has always been a pain to load and unload bigger boats. Why not let use use the lake?
Rich

C
capblack
thanks for the info Rich. ive been wondering about that. I guess what theyre probably worried about is some one in a boat if the dam failed. That would suck, youd be in Lyons in no time. Its too bad, big cliff is a nice alternative to the noise up at Detroit, plus you have a better chance to get in to a big rainbow. Brian

18406ej
18406ej
Are they still allowing bank access for fishing, or is that closed as well?

B
bigsteel
geez hope we can still bank fish

O
OnTheFly
What about Detroit water level? I hope they bring that up to snuff. Trolling through Santiam Flats where the river enters has always been good but it's a waste of time if the water is low.

C
capblack
detroit is almost full, and people are still bank fishing at big cliff
OnTheFly said:
What about Detroit water level? I hope they bring that up to snuff. Trolling through Santiam Flats where the river enters has always been good but it's a waste of time if the water is low.

R
RLK
One of the bad things is that bank access is realy limited without being able to go higher up the lake.