Late season Chinook on Three Rivers

S
Steelheader4Life
I was steelhead fishing on Three Rivers the 1st week of December and ended with this nice Nook hen instead. Was a great fight with 8 lb line.

Diehard
Diehard
nice

nice

way to go man great looking fish theres not any of those left around here but next years supposed to be good what a great sport you get to ketch it share it and then fire up the barby'q congrats:clap:

M
Mike123
Heck ya very nice!! :clap:

I want to get over there to Three Rivers at least once this year.
Haven't been there in a couple years.

How's the steelhead fishing going on 3R?

C
Chrome_Chaser
Congrats, man that's a bright fish. Did you catch that near the hatchery?

T
Thuggin4Life
Wow. Good job man better tasting fish anyways.

S
Steelheader4Life
The steelhead fishing has been excellent. I've got one myself this winter, but I was seeing about 5 or so banked my last few trips dowen there. One of my buddies was there yesterday and he said he seen about 13 taken from the hatchery. Which in my opinion is preety good numbers for the early run.

S
Steelheader4Life
I caught the Nook below the hatchery down at the S corners. The stump hole is what we call it.

M
masmith
Is it possible to use spinners or a float/eggs, float/jig at three rivers? I usually fish the mouth and have checked out 3 rivers but I don't drift fish and it seems to shallow to do anything else.

Nice looking fish.

F
FishKiller23
masmith said:
Is it possible to use spinners or a float/eggs, float/jig at three rivers? I usually fish the mouth and have checked out 3 rivers but I don't drift fish and it seems to shallow to do anything else.

Nice looking fish.

U can use all of that to fish three rivers.

B
BlackBass
Nice fish man, congrats on a late chinook. I was down there with a buddy November 23 and hooked a 20 plus chrome nook, great fight of a half hour or more, on my steelhead rod :) Hooked that one below the stump hole~!

M
masmith
FishKiller23 said:
U can use all of that to fish three rivers.

Where I looked I didn't see pools, I just saw fast water that was about 8 inches deep. I guess I will need to explore and find some better spots there.

S
Steelheader4Life
BlackBass said:
Nice fish man, congrats on a late chinook. I was down there with a buddy November 23 and hooked a 20 plus chrome nook, great fight of a half hour or more, on my steelhead rod :) Hooked that one below the stump hole~!

Thanks. Luckily there were 2 older gentlemen that were nice enough to help net it or I would of had troubles pulling it to the bank with my steelhead gear:clap: A couple days before my brother hooked a 20 plus hawg that he fought for 40 min before it spit the hook. It was hooked at the stump hole and he ended up losing it about 200 yards down river. It was an awesome battle but he was extremely pissed:mad: that he was on the losing end.

S
Steelheader4Life
masmith said:

Nice looking fish.

Any method can be used on Three Rivers. You just have to fish each hole and find out what works best with the water conditions.

T
Troutier Bassier
Steelheader4Life said:
Thanks. Luckily there were 2 older gentlemen that were nice enough to help net it or I would of had troubles pulling it to the bank with my steelhead gear:clap: A couple days before my brother hooked a 20 plus hawg that he fought for 40 min before it spit the hook. It was hooked at the stump hole and he ended up losing it about 200 yards down river. It was an awesome battle but he was extremely pissed:mad: that he was on the losing end.
I wouldve been pretty happy in his position.

S
solution7
Nice fish!!! I heard they were still catching late nook all the way up to Dec. 31st last year!

G
GDBrown
I know what you mean about nice folks who help net the fish. I had the same thing Saturday on the Kilches. I was after Steelhead.. 15lb mainline & 10 Lb leader made for a nice fight with a 38" Big Nook. It was so much fun I didn't need to get out the fly rod.

Congrats,
GD

Last edited: