Late report: kayak fishing Pacific City, 8-15

R
rawkfish
Bite was slow in the morning, but picked up around noon so we both managed our limits of rockfish. Highlight of the day was the weather and the curious puffins! :D Here's a video report from the day.

[video=youtube;Eybm_CmUPMo?hd=1]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eybm_CmUPMo[/video]

Cheers!

H
Hawk
Well Done bro.
Beautiful video.

:clap::clap::clap:
:D:D
:cool::cool:

C_Run
C_Run
Inspiring.

B
bythesea
To much fun !!! are those cabz your picking up? didn't know if yaks were allowed or not???...FISH-ON!!!!

R
rawkfish
bythesea said:
To much fun !!! are those cabz your picking up? didn't know if yaks were allowed or not???...FISH-ON!!!!

Yep, they were cabbies. Both of them were tossed back since they are closed for the rest of the year.

B
bythesea
rawkfish said:
Yep, they were cabbies. Both of them were tossed back since they are closed for the rest of the year.

,But you can still keep from the bank. No matter, I haven't seen one the end of my line for at least a few months.

Last edited:
R
rawkfish
Ahh, I see. Good call.

T
Trout
How far off shore were you and how deep was the water ? Also what is that device you are grabbing the lip of the fish with?

I plan to start jetty and surf fishing in the next couple of weeks. Nice job and some nice fish

R
rawkfish
Trout said:
How far off shore were you and how deep was the water ? Also what is that device you are grabbing the lip of the fish with?

I plan to start jetty and surf fishing in the next couple of weeks. Nice job and some nice fish

When I fish out of Pacific City I am anywhere between 1/4 to two miles off the shore(most of my time is spent between 1/2 to 1 miles out) and for the most part I fish in less than 90 feet of water. The device I'm using is a lip gripper made by Berkley. I love that thing. Very easy on the fish and when it grabs a lip it does not let go. Good luck out there and be safe!