Lake Shasta fishing

E
engineerfisherman
Went down to Shasta for 5 days this last week and stayed on a houseboat with friends and family. I didn't do a lot of fishing since we took our jetskis and my parents wakeboard boat,but thought I would share anyways. Caught quite a few small spotted bass and a couple of brown trout. Just floated around on a tube in the cove we stayed in to do this. I don't really know much about the fishing on this lake, but seems like there's plenty of fish so I think I will educate myself a little more before next time we go down there. Thought i had more pictures, but heres what I could find. If anyone has fished Shasta before I would appreciate any pointers for next time.

Last edited:
Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Woot! Good for you, some folks try for hours/days to catch fish. Some folks, like you, don't need to try all that hard and succeed. Thanks for sharing.

W
whammond
I am from Northern California (the real nor cal) and I have fished Lake Shasta, I also have many friends that fish that Lake Regularly. Good fishing is always right out of Hearst Bay. It is where the arm of the McCloud river feeds into the lake. There are also a good amounnt of Sturgeon near the Dam.

E
engineerfisherman
Raincatcher said:
Woot! Good for you, some folks try for hours/days to catch fish. Some folks, like you, don't need to try all that hard and succeed. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks for the encouraging words!

E
engineerfisherman
whammond said:
I am from Northern California (the real nor cal) and I have fished Lake Shasta, I also have many friends that fish that Lake Regularly. Good fishing is always right out of Hearst Bay. It is where the arm of the McCloud river feeds into the lake. There are also a good amounnt of Sturgeon near the Dam.

We almost went up the McCloud arm on a hunch that it would be better, but now that I know I will make sure to make it there next year. Thanks for the info!