Ladies day of slayin'

J
JeannaJigs
Rose, bobbi and myself went on a big seas adventure friday out of newport. Someone said it might be a little "lumpy". Ahem. Yeah. It was awful. I didn't get sick, but I saw grown men almost cry while keeping it real projectile. Ugh. I could do without the loud yacking behind me.

The fishing was great for the black rocks, but we were cruising way too fast for lings. I'm not dissapointed though, those rocks are epically delicious, and the boat limited pretty quickly with some pretty decently sized fish (I'm sure a couple of those guys were glad we went back in early).

Here's some pics, though you can't really tell how big the swells and waves were, it was otherwise a beautiful day lol.

1c9a421879951c12080821578f75ee07.jpg

bcd2c64c316a9d02aa966e49fd3b8858.jpg

eafaefe8cc5ba98ca31aba1ea6d8e792.jpg

0dfdfdfbee8072121a69b1ce1282594f.jpg

0117ad844adfa462aa4007a2ee53f68c.jpg

ec01b0fa594c61892d5adc70cb9e1a91.jpg

1475de9f5d049f39687ee5a695023553.jpg

44b16ded0c1a25308131c9881fc5320d.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

J
JeannaJigs
Oh and this is what I did to those tasty little morsels when I got home, chili lime rockfish tacos.

Party. In. My. Mouth.

e0c1708649b5ed9f57621572f05b672b.jpg

C_Run
C_Run
Nice to see the ladies of OFF slayin'. For me, the best part of those salt water trips is going back in although you usually end up with a pile of fish. Good report.

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
Ladies day of slayin'

excellent...

B
billfisher
Great report and pictures. Glad you caught some good eats!

J
JeannaJigs
The worst was going out. I thought I'd sit in the cabin out of the wind. Ha ha ha...that lasted about a minute. I had to get out on deck or I would've got sick. I was ill prepared when the deck hand told me to hold on tight....I had no idea how bad it was going to get lol. I hung onto the little hand hold thing for dear frickin life. Eventually I accepted that there was a life ring if things went south and to just enjoy the sun and fishing. I didn't die and all was well. Sure was glad to see that bridge coming back into view. There's something unnerving about being close to another large boat and losing it completely from your sight to a wall of water. I'm going to go again to make sure I can actually handle it and not die from anxiety, before I plan a tuna trip.

S
Steelheader4Life
We tried going out of Depoe Bay on Saturday but the charter cancelled due to the 8 foot swells. Looks like a great time and great eats. I love me some fish tacos!! :)

J
JeannaJigs
Super great eats, one fillet was two days of dinners for me, and I took home 14 of those fat chunks of deliciousness. Those tacos were amazinggggg.

S
sapo
Great report! Yeah, those tacos look good...u put cilantro in them?

E
eugene1
Good going JJ!

F
flocaster
JeannaJigs said:
There's something unnerving about being close to another large boat and losing it completely from your sight to a wall of water. I'm going to go again to make sure I can actually handle it and not die from anxiety, before I plan a tuna trip.

LOL, my first trip outta Newport was on a 64ft boat and the breakers were so big that when we were at the bottom of the swell all you could see was water and sky lol

J
JeannaJigs
sapo said:
Great report! Yeah, those tacos look good...u put cilantro in them?
Yup, cilantro with Cole slaw cabbage mix, tossed in lime juice and a little olive oil with salt, pepper and chili powder. The fish was marinated in a little olive oil, lime juice, minced garlic, pepper, salt, chili powder and paprika. Added some fat free sour cream and jalapeño sauce and a little bit of shredded cheese. So damn good.

hobster
hobster
JeannaJigs said:
Oh and this is what I did to those tasty little morsels when I got home, chili lime rockfish tacos.

Party. In. My. Mouth.

e0c1708649b5ed9f57621572f05b672b.jpg

YUMMY!! (Enter Homer Simpson drool)

jamisonace
jamisonace
Those tacos look amazing. Nicely done!

P
plumb2fish
We got out on Saturday...one keeper ling for the 15 of us...but we got our rocks...

J
JeannaJigs
plumb2fish said:
We got out on Saturday...one keeper ling for the 15 of us...but we got our rocks...

I want to go out again soon when it's calmer to try to get those dang lings, but the rocks are delicious.

H
Hookset
Those tacos are making me hungry. Great report.

my2labs
my2labs
Reminds me of my childhood launching out of Humboldt Bay or Trinidad with my Dad. We never took a charter as we had an ocean going vessel but the memories built are all the same. Although I don't live far from the ocean, I am not as close as the 2 minute drive I used to be. I miss it. Thanks for sharing. Tacos look great!