Kilchis River Fishing

KyleAbe
KyleAbe
New member
I’m going camping this weekend at the Kilchis River in Tillamook. My kids want to fish. I know it’s a terrible time of the year to fish there. But, any ideas on the best lures for the River?
 
I would guess that there might be some sea-run cutts in the river right now. In the Wilson, I have had good luck throwing panther martin spinners (usually yellow or black) and tiny 2" rapalas in rainbow trout pattern. Best of luck.
 
Small brown rooster tails, with gold blades, will also knock the bluebacks for a loop. They feed heavily on little brown crawdad fry; and the roosters imitate them.
 
That is great to know TD. I bet those roostertails also look a little like stonefly nymphs and caddis larva as well. I will definitely add some to my arsenal!
 
  • Like
Reactions: troutdude
I've been using spoons I make from old copper pipe, very brown, and the searuns seem to really go for them. I don't know what they might mimic, maybe sculpins.
 
  • Like
Reactions: troutdude
C_Run said:
I've been using spoons I make from old copper pipe, very brown, and the searuns seem to really go for them. I don't know what they might mimic, maybe sculpins.

That is really interesting. I need to get some brown stuff in my trout stuff!
 
C_Run said:
I've been using spoons I make from old copper pipe, very brown, and the searuns seem to really go for them. I don't know what they might mimic, maybe sculpins.

That's awesome. Although they probably mimic small brown n' orange more closely. As well as how the fry move, if you jig those spoons.
 

Similar threads

W
Replies
9
Views
855
Davpot
D
H
Replies
3
Views
472
Hankb
H
P
  • Featured
Replies
11
Views
592
troutdude
troutdude
jenniferwillow
Replies
3
Views
3K
jenniferwillow
jenniferwillow
bass
Replies
2
Views
437
bass
bass
Back
Top Bottom