Kicker steering kit

REELY HOOKED
REELY HOOKED
What are you guys using on your 2021 Honda 200hp and Honda 9.9 to connect the two for steering from the helm? Is anyone using an electric remote type? I have researched all of the above but can't find what will work on my Hondas. Please send advice and pictures. Thank you
Kicker.jpg

Troutski
Troutski
Great question, I have used the bar attachment before. I know they have full remote units but they are quite expensive compared to the bar model.
I'm sure some one has the latest news and maybe a hint or two.

Tight lines

Chuck

REELY HOOKED
REELY HOOKED
I have researched every site and manufacturer of the tie bars and remote control steering. The EZ Steer will work but I would rather not have it attached behind the motors, no access from the transom. I even called Honda Marine. Love my Honda motors but wish I had researched the kicker steering before I chose them. I was just hoping someone had a remedy already figured out. My next step is figuring a custom bracket system.

Chromatose
Chromatose
I just lift the motors and reach out. But then I do not know how your situation rests. If you come up with a Custom bracket you might want to register it. As you well know there is a need for options.
Good Luck in your quest.

I just looked at your photos and it seems you have a offshore bracket. I have seen your application a time or two at the launch. Kneeling on the transom and reaching out seems to be the option for them.

But, why would you need to bother with the bar once placed in position?
Just curious.

Last edited:
REELY HOOKED
REELY HOOKED
Chromatose said:
I just lift the motors and reach out. But then I do not know how your situation rests. If you come up with a Custom bracket you might want to register it. As you well know there is a need for options.
Good Luck in your quest.

I just looked at your photos and it seems you have a offshore bracket. I have seen your application a time or two at the launch. Kneeling on the transom and reaching out seems to be the option for them.

But, why would you need to bother with the bar once placed in position?
Just curious.
My thought originally was to connect the two motors with some kind of rod so I can steer from the helm. I have found that this isn't going to work for me. I could lock my kicker in place and steer from the helm as the big motor will work like a rudder. This method works okay in big water where there is more room. I have since convinced myself to get the Panther T5 electric unit and build a custom bracket to fit my need.