Kastmaster

T
Troutier Bassier
Troutski, Thats the way to go.

One rod Plunking and one rod with a spinner/kastmaster.

W
wormosa
i like the idea too troutski..

Z
ZeeBorn
Kastmasters are one of my favorite lures too. One the best ways I have found to use them is from the bank, where there is a good drop off close in. I cast way out as far as I can and let it sink to the bottom then I start jigging it back in. Jig up and real down. You want to real in on the down stroke just enough to keep slack out of the line but not so much that your not allowing the lure to flutter down as it sinks a bit. Repeat this until it's back in and do it again. This is a great way to target kokanee when you don't have a boat. I like green or blue and silver.
Cheers,
Nate

D
dinghy
stockers in hagg lake have been hitting kastmasters when the powerbait bite is slow. their teeth are scraping the paint off in short order.

M
Matt G
Just made an unplanned run to Hagg this afternoon with my 2 kids. Boat in the water about 2pm, putzed around in the high winds and didn't get squat. Messed around some more in one of the lake arms to no avail. Then at 4:30 I was planning to call it a skunk, told the kids to reel in their lines. Then I went ahead and reeled in mine which is my big fat overkill rod, and by the time it gets to the boat I realize there's a fish on - probably a 10" - 11" stocker Rainbow.

The lure? You guessed it: a silver/orange Kastmaster I had been trolling. The fish gets the kids excited so we stay out there and pull the trolls through that area again, one rod with a Hotshot (which I snagged and lost, dang it! :mad:) one with a silver/blue Kastmaster behind a Ford Fender, and my straight-up silver/orange Kastmaster. I hooked two more fish on mine about 10 minutes apart. After three fish on this lure and skunk on the others, I put the Kastmaster on my son's rod. We boated two more fish on that lure (now on his rod) 10-15 minutes apart; none of the other lures even got hit.

1 hour, 5 Rainbows, 1 silver/orange Kastmaster. I like 'em... :dance:

D
dinghy
1/4 oz green has been hot from the bank for me.

M
Michael
1/4 oz silver and silver and blue are now my go to lures. I have one rod that has the silver one on it that hasn't been changed out since about 4 outings ago. I just leave it on there. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

D
dinghy
I hand painted a silver one with chartreuse jig paint and killed the stockers in washington last week. can't wait to try it in hagg next time I go.

D
dinghy
caught 1 on a green kastmaster trolling ramp c area sunday and caught a small large mouth at the dam sat. on chartreuse kastmaster.

L
Left Bank
dinghy said:
caught 1 on a green kastmaster trolling ramp c area sunday and caught a small large mouth at the dam sat. on chartreuse kastmaster.
Small mouth on a kastmaster? First I've heard of that. I'll have to try it sometime. Great report!!

B
bernduffy
I also caught a nice 14" smallie on a gold 1/4 Kastmaster ...at dusk on the Willamette. It's still there. Have taken a half dozen Hagg & Timothy 10-12" trout on the same lure. They aren't.

D
dinghy
chartreuse worked on south fork yamhill yesterday.