Senkosam
Active member
I just happened to bag some glitter for a customer and noticed how it sparkled when looking at it from different directions.
So I put a drop of nail polish on the concave surface of a small Colorado blade and sprinkled fine gold hologram sparkle. No matter what angle viewed, various colors sparkled and even in low light! It didn't take much, being less than 1/4" in diameter, but I believe fish will notice color and concentrated light flashes regardless of the direction the lure is when being seen. Next, I may try various colors such as silver hologram, silver, chartreuse or gold flake.
The other idea I just had is to sprinkle glitter into the mold of a poured plastic lure rather than mix the glitter into the liquid plastisol before microwaving it. This shape, derived from first using a tablespoon, is clear colored and glitter on the surface would make for a great visual effect even in murky water or in low light. (BTW, I call it my spoonminnow design LOL)
Note: the clear plastic reflects light from the surface and internally and distorts transmitted color internally, something a fish's big ol' eyes can't miss!.
)
So I put a drop of nail polish on the concave surface of a small Colorado blade and sprinkled fine gold hologram sparkle. No matter what angle viewed, various colors sparkled and even in low light! It didn't take much, being less than 1/4" in diameter, but I believe fish will notice color and concentrated light flashes regardless of the direction the lure is when being seen. Next, I may try various colors such as silver hologram, silver, chartreuse or gold flake.
The other idea I just had is to sprinkle glitter into the mold of a poured plastic lure rather than mix the glitter into the liquid plastisol before microwaving it. This shape, derived from first using a tablespoon, is clear colored and glitter on the surface would make for a great visual effect even in murky water or in low light. (BTW, I call it my spoonminnow design LOL)
Note: the clear plastic reflects light from the surface and internally and distorts transmitted color internally, something a fish's big ol' eyes can't miss!.
Last edited: