JC Pond produeces huge Crappie!

G

grampa ron

This is the biggest Crappie I've ever seen! I caught it on my fly rod. I did release it so maybe others can catch it.

Last edited by a moderator:
T

TTFishon

Wow!!! What a monster!!! I bet there are some big ones in there since nobody really targets them. Either that or it's full of a bunch of tiny ones and needs to be thinned out a bit.

T

Thuggin4Life

Talk about a dinner plate. didn't know they got that big. Might be a new state record?

N

nwkiller

wow what a pig, especially sittin next to that 22" wheel on grampa rons pickup truck....

G

grampa ron

Unfortunately there is a guy (we call him NOBITE) and his wife that basically keep the pond cleaned out of crappie and bluegill. They keep every one they catch. They make fish sauce out of them.

Last edited:
H

Hooked on fishin'

I think thats the same one I caught a few weeks ago!LOL

T

TTFishon

Unfortunately there is a guy (we call him NOBITE) and his wife that basically keep the pond cleaned out of crappie and bluegill. They keep every one they catch. They make fish sauce out of them.

Fish sauce doesn't sound very good to me. I wonder what other ponds they fish and destroy?

N

nwkiller

hooked on fishin, theres no way u caught that one, a beast like that only gets caught once in a blue moon...lol jk

H

Hooked on fishin'

hooked on fishin, theres no way u caught that one, a beast like that only gets caught once in a blue moon...lol jk

There WAS a blue moon, how did you guess that?lol Seriously though, it was my greatest accomplishment that day. I kept getting these tiny, subtle hits, barely causing my indicator to move. I was trying to figure out if the trout were getting really tricky, I was going crazy, or tiny little bluegill were hitting my fly. I finally set the hook on one and guess what? Monster crappie!

N

nwkiller

There WAS a blue moon, how did you guess that?lol Seriously though, it was my greatest accomplishment that day. I kept getting these tiny, subtle hits, barely causing my indicator to move. I was trying to figure out if the trout were getting really tricky, I was going crazy, or tiny little bluegill were hitting my fly. I finally set the hook on one and guess what? Monster crappie!

i hate that, and they hit hard sometimes and change it up, panfish are defenetly funny nibblers, ive done the same thing......hit.....oh set it oh what the heck..oh there he is oh nope damn......what was that, oh hit....ah missed him....

B

BlackBass

Ol No bite and his wife have been at that for over 20 years now :) I remember fishing with them at JC 20 years ago. Ask him if he has caught anything and his answer is no bites .

Top Bottom