jacks!!!!JACKS!!! SANDY RIVER!!!!

B
boberdown
WELL? went to dabney park below boat ramp...throwing eggs and first cast for my 16 yr old son and fish on .... at first i thought he had a coho and i did a double take! wow !!! chinook jack??? yep! well i helped him get it on the bank. and i casted out and fish on!!! i caught a nice jack as well and they really gave on a nice fight! we ended up catching around 15 of these little guy's but went home with some nice fish!!! bumber thing is we ran out of eggs... seems a little early for chinook jacks especialy with the low water and all but the little rain shot helped the water clear up a little but really did not bring up the level... i will be back there tomarrow... hopefully to catch a coho but jacks are really good eating i have to say! good luck everyone ~
sincerly: boberdown:D

Last edited by a moderator:
M
metalfisher76
boberdown said:
WELL? went to dabney park below boat ramp...throwing eggs and first cast for my 16 yr old son and fish on .... at first i thought he had a coho and i did a double take! wow !!! chinook jack??? yep! well i helped him get it on the bank. and i casted out and fish on!!! i caught a nice jack as well and they really gave on a nice fight! we ended up catching around 15 of these little guy's but went home with some nice fish!!! bumber thing is we ran out of eggs... seems a little early for chinook jacks especialy with the low water and all but the little rain shot helped the water clear up a little but really did not bring up the level... i will be back there tomarrow... hopefully to catch a coho but jacks are really good eating i have to say! good luck everyone ~
sincerly: boberdown:D

Got any closer pics? They look like coho jacks to me? If they are nookies, I believe you are to let the fallies go on the Sandy? Nice catch, happy for your boy for sure! Just be careful, can`t find my regs, so going off memory here. NICE JOB THOUGH MAN!!

M
Mike123
metalfisher76 said:
Got any closer pics? They look like coho jacks to me? If they are nookies, I believe you are to let the fallies go on the Sandy? Nice catch, happy for your boy for sure! Just be careful, can`t find my regs, so going off memory here. NICE JOB THOUGH MAN!!

I was going to say the same thing.. Look like HO jacks to me too.
Nice job on dee fish though! :clap:

T
Troutier Bassier
Mike123 said:
I was going to say the same thing.. Look like HO jacks to me too.
Nice job on dee fish though! :clap:

Look like Cohos to me too. Where you using Bobber?

B
boberdown
Troutier Bassier said:
Look like Cohos to me too. Where you using Bobber?

no , just about 1/2 inch pincil lead, quarter size eggs

B
boberdown
you guys were right coho jacks! sorry they just had a little dark around the mouth so thought they were chinook.

T
Troutier Bassier
So you were Below the Boat Ramp? OR Above?

B
boberdown
above the boat ramp...

above the boat ramp...

i fish right in front of the boat ramp at first! a guide told me at warehouse sports that to pitch eggs only right there in the fast water! today i saw at least 100 + coho ripping threw there... i went above and around the corner this morning around 630 am in the faster water and caught 2 more nice jacks and lost a very nice coho.

T
Troutier Bassier
I was just there and I know where you are.
are you going Tomarrow Morning?
Too bad I have School. :mad:

F
FishSchooler
Troutier Bassier said:
I was just there and I know where you are.
are you going Tomarrow Morning?
Too bad I have School. :mad:

They make you go to school to keep you on the wata' in the futa'