Is Olalla Reservoir open as of April 7, 2021?

E

edpdx

I saw it as being on the stocking schedule that someone from ODFW sent me. Drove an hour and twenty and the gates were closed. I hate making that trip with no prospect of a pay off. Has anyone any info on this fishery? ODFW had no number for Georgia Pacific. And I could not find a contact for them on any net search.

S

Snopro

541-336-2211

Please report what you find out. It's a cool little lake.

troutdude

troutdude

No. It is not open. I called and spoke the employee at the gate, at Georgia Pacific, 2 days ago. Who own the land, and she confirmed that it is NOT open. PLUS they DO ARREST TRESPASSERS who might attempt to get past the Olalla gate on foot!

Why it was included in the stocking schedule is beyond my comprehension.

troutdude

troutdude

@edpdx you could have gone onto Big Creek Reservoir #2 and fished that day. When you discovered that Olalla was closed. That lake IS open and has been stocked.

E

edpdx

Troutdude. Thanks for the update. I took your advice and went to Big Creek Res #2 last Friday. Found an awesome spot just getting sun- private shore. Couldn't ask for a better place... well one that had a bite on would be okay. Two hours throwing PB, Mice, wax worm, Berk red wigglers, Kastmasters. Tried off the top and Carolina with varied floating leader. Two rods never a twitch. Them's the breaks, I know. But next time I head there I hope the Olalla Res is back in biz so I have a backup plan.

Could you share the GP phone number so we all can keep checking and hopefully share the opening date here eventually?

TIA

K

Kat13

Just called, and it seems they are open again as of April 31.

DOKF

DOKF

April has only 30 days. Just saying ...

Were they serious?

PK Yi

PK Yi

Just got back from Olalla. Friend got 4 trout and 1 bullhead catfish. Odd to see a bullhead in that lake, but he caught it on a Brad's cut plug while we were trolling.

troutdude

troutdude

Just got back from Olalla. Friend got 4 trout and 1 bullhead catfish. Odd to see a bullhead in that lake, but he caught it on a Brad's cut plug while we were trolling.
For decades there was a lake at Valsetz. Which was up into the hills NE of Olalla. Valsetz had darn near every known PNW species in its waters. When the Valsetz damn was removed several of those various species made it downstream. And wound up as residents of Olalla. For example, that's how bucketmouths were introduced. Although that's the first bullhead ever reported; as far as I know.

U

Upnorth

It opened up on May 1. The stocking schedule will start again in the middle of May. There are some new rules, about conduct while on the reservoir grounds. Since it’s a Privately owned reservoir, they can set their own rules. Things like no alcohol, no fires, and the gate opens at daylight closes at dusk.

D

Diamond Lake Charlie

So where is Ollala Lake???

D

Diamond Lake Charlie

Top Bottom