Is Olalla Reservoir in Toledo Open?

PK Yi
PK Yi
0
Anyone by chance know?
 
I checked a few days ago, my friend, and it was still closed. However, I just found this from the "What's Happening in Toledo" page:

Toledo Community,​

Effective today, December 6, 2025, GP Toledo will re-open the Olalla Reservoir to the general public. GP closed the reservoir earlier this year due to logging activities and kept it closed throughout the fall due to low water levels which posed a risk to public safety.

As a privately owned, operated, and maintained reservoir, GP periodically will close access to the general public either for safety or general maintenance activities.

Although the reservoir was created to provide water necessary for production at the Toledo mill, Georgia-Pacific allows the public to use it for daytime recreation. Visitors use the site at their own risk and must comply with posted rules, including no hunting, littering or gas-powered boat motors.

Thanks again to our awesome community for all your support and patience. If you have any questions, please call Andrea Formo, Public Affairs Manager, at 541-270-0504.
 
  • Like
Reactions: bass and Snopro
I wonder how the fishing will be after months of no pressure. I usually go once a year in the spring but won't make it this year.
 
  • Like
Reactions: troutdude
Quite positive I would guess?
 
C_Run said:
I wonder how the fishing will be after months of no pressure. I usually go once a year in the spring but won't make it this year.
Potentially it could be really good. There was a kid's fishing event back in the Spring; before they shut it down. So they could've dumped some trout into the lake, after that event. Probably not a lot. But they've had several months to grow.
 
Anyone fished it this year? I was thinking of giving it a try this weekend
 
copperjohn said:
Anyone fished it this year? I was thinking of giving it a try this weekend
It's on the stocking list for this week. If it hasn't already been done this week, then today will be the day.
 

Similar threads

W
Replies
8
Views
708
StillCreekSam
StillCreekSam
troutdude
Replies
1
Views
1K
C_Run
C_Run
PK Yi
Replies
3
Views
507
C_Run
C_Run
A
Replies
0
Views
272
andres98
A
F
Replies
2
Views
521
FisherPete
F
Back
Top Bottom