Is it worth the gas?

M
Metoman
Definitely not worth the gas if your not gonna fly fish. I tried using a plethora of lures, multiple times, and never once hooked up.

Reactions: OnTheFly
O
OnTheFly
Metoman said:
Definitely not worth the gas if your not gonna fly fish. I tried using a plethora of lures, multiple times, and never once hooked up.
My thoughts exactly. I'm probably going to get flamed for this and maybe some may not understand my meaning but I think the Metolius is best experienced with a fly rod.

Reactions: bigsteel
F
FlyBum
OnTheFly said:
My thoughts exactly. I'm probably going to get flamed for this and maybe some may not understand my meaning but I think the Metolius is best experienced with a fly rod.

I totally understand your meaning!!! You wouldn't want to use spin gear on such a beautiful river and desecrate such hollowed waters as the Metolius! While the Drakes are popping off right now there would be nothing better than big green dry fly rather than having a rooster tail bouncing off the bottom. Especially if your ruling out such beautiful waters above the bridge by your choice of gear!!! :)

S
SistersGuy
Went out there about 2 months ago. Got there about 45 minutes before dark. Fished right near the bridge: cold, windy, wife wanted to leave. Stayed for about 20 minutes. Spinning Rooster Tails, No Dice.

I live about 20 minutes from the river and have only been once... No fly rod, YET. Either way you can't keep anything you pull out of there FYI.

F
FlyBum
Yes, study the regs before you fish a body of water. Either that or face the wrath of the Staters or a guy like me who will take a picture of you and your license plate and send them to the Fish and Game.