Increase your success 100% when using Eggs

T
Troutier Bassier
Mike123 said:
Good tip! I've used spawn sacks here and there. I also wrap tuna in spawn netting for chinook... WHOOPS shouldn't have said that! ;)
Tuna? Like, Tunna in a can?

F
Fishtopher
No just use those Tuna flavored Gummy Bears from the corner store. Of course Tuna in a can!

T
Troutier Bassier
Ok, I was just thinking...

J
JeannaJigs
canned tuna. yep.

M
Mike123
OIL packed tuna... not water. I got 3 PM's on Ifish from people mad that I gave up that tip. :lol:

J
JeannaJigs
Ifish members are gonna make sure you burn :) lol I gave it up before you did, so you tell 'em to bring it.

M
Mike123
JeannaJigs said:
Ifish members are gonna make sure you burn :) lol I gave it up before you did, so you tell 'em to bring it.

I haven't had a profile on there since summer. Well, I guess I actually have 5 profiles, just that none of them work. :lol:
You still need decent eggs to fish next to the tuna. ;) So I'm not worried. haha.

T
Troutier Bassier
I just got done eating a lot of salmon bait...

M
Mike123
Troutier Bassier said:
I just got done eating a lot of salmon bait...

Whatever you do, DONT put the tuna oil in your salmon eggs!

J
JeannaJigs
Yeah that's no bueno lol. I know someone (wasn't me I swear) that got the genius idea to add that to his egg cure. Haha.

T
Troutier Bassier
I think this thread should be put in the TUTORIAL Section

S
SALTYFISH
This whole tuna thing sounds kinda fish!!!!!!!!!!!

F
FISHHEADMAFIA
JeannaJigs said:
You can get them TOO tight and squish the eggs if you're not careful lol. I just use the "magic thread" and have never had a sac come undone in the water, so I don't know about using a lighter. I myself wouldn't recommend it just because it works without. I also like to use these sacs for tuna balls for springers. use the tuna that comes in the oil.
I know this is a old thread , but .. . . . . . . . . . . . . .Tuna balls ? WHAT THE ? ? ?
I have one of the machines , tools , things , but I used it once , and it sits on a shelf . I just do the sacks by hand , just as easy . For me anyway .

Last edited:
J
JeannaJigs
FISHHEADMAFIA said:
I know this is a old thread , but .. . . . . . . . . . . . . .Tuna balls ? WHAT THE ? ? ?
I have one of the machines , tools , things , but I used it once , and it sits on a shelf . I just do the sacks by hand , just as easy . For me anyway .

Yah, tuna balls lol. Balls...of tuna. Does that sound better? I use 'em for springers periodically with good result.

B
BobberDown
tuna balls can i say tuna bellys raped to a quickfish

oh and on another not it you guys are only getting 2 or 3 cast out of your eggs you are doing somthing wrong eather in your curing prosess and probley in how you are rigging them i love borax cured eggs with a peace of white bling yarn whent 5 for 7 sunday on a locall portland river with a few offers by my side it was fun good luck guys and ladys

H
halibuthitman
its the same old sham-wow sales pitch, tuna balls, tuna wrap, hot lava egg curing powder, flying lure... grandads recipe... **** all boild down to the same ole thing..... presentation, location, and fish in the water. ANYTHING with oil or juice in it is gonna catch a fish if fished right... but tuna is not gonna pull a nook 15 ft up into the water column.... herring works the same as anything with a flasher, shrimptails on jigs spinners painted with 3 charteuse dots in an ancient aztec pattern... blah blah blah... put the **** in the fishes face correctly and you will catch them with the wrapper your yarn came out of.... learn how to fish.... it doesn't matter WHAT you fish with... tuna is fine bait... just like freezer burnt sardines.

Last edited:
M
metalfisher76
halibuthitman said:
its the same old sham-wow sales pitch, tuna balls, tuna wrap, hot lava egg curing powder, flying lure... grandads recipe... **** all boild down to the same ole thing..... presentation, location, and fish in the water. ANYTHING with oil or juice in it is gonna catch a fish if fished right... but tuna is not gonna pull a nook 15 ft up into the water column.... herring works the same as anything with a flasher, shrimptails on jigs spinners painted with 3 charteuse dots in an ancient aztec pattern... blah blah blah... put the **** in the fishes face correctly and you will catch them with the wrapper your yarn came out of.... learn how to fish.... it doesn't matter WHAT you fish with... tuna is fine bait... just like freezer burnt sardines.
Bait chuckers:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: jk

T
Troutier Bassier
Lol, Good Joke.