I suck!

C
chris.phillips
Here is the thing, I was frustrated I hit the river twice that week drove from bend to do so and not a thing. I have been steelhead fishing for 5 years now and I have only caught one. It's disappointing at best and I am not looking for anyone to feel sorry for me. Any pointers would be helpful and 100 percent I am not giving up my time will come. Thanks for all the comments

D
dtikey
so are you fishing the dechutes or john day or driving to the coast...that would help in the advice from people if they know which river your spending the most time....might even be time to try and set up with a guide and take in as much as you can.

B
bythesea
I seen a couple 1/2 off guide trips on grupons get a body and fish it,2 for 200. bucks. all day

S
steelhead_slayer
I'd go in with you, or maybe someone on here would take you out for a donation?

C
chris.phillips
I fish the deschutes and the sandy but I am willing to learn more rivers as well. Thanks for the advice. The guide thing sounds like a great idea.

C
chris.phillips
That would be great but the only problem is my days off are not like most people. I have Tuesdays and Wednesdays off not many others have that kind of a schedule if you did I would totally go for it

H
halibuthitman
I have every day off.... or at least thats what they tell me-

D
dtikey
chris.phillips said:
I fish the deschutes and the sandy but I am willing to learn more rivers as well. Thanks for the advice. The guide thing sounds like a great idea.

dont know the sandy myself I have never fished but used to fish the deschutes a lot and always did good around the trout creek area working up the trail from the last camp spot and around maupin useing spoons spinners bobber and jig and drift fishing yarnings.Coulkd almost count on at least one steelhead when we went about 5 miles up from maupin on a slow bending to the right corner with alittle island makes 2 nice chutes right thier and down below shears bridge cross over the railroad truse and fish just below it up for 1/4 mile.really nice steelhead water through thier

T
Thuggin4Life
At least you can admit it. Better than being a $hitty fisherman who thinks his **** dont stink.

H
halibuthitman
Thuggin4Life said:
At least you can admit it. Better than being a $hitty fisherman who thinks his **** dont stink.

drinkin tonight??;)

T
Thuggin4Life
maybe....

maybe i fit into the second half of that statement lol..maybe....

H
halibuthitman
its about time some of the old rebels started kickin the bushes around here again.. I miss the old days

T
Thuggin4Life
Yeah me to man. I plan on burning down a few bushes. maybe get lucky and scorch the guy kicken them while im at it for double prizes.

Reactions: waco