I need trout

F
fishman15
i have not caught a fish in about 5 months and i think im losing it so i need to catch some fish i went to the sandy today and saw a guy hook up a big steelie and i almost started to scream. so i need to catch a fish so can someone help me out....please:think:

C
chrisohm
Estacada Lake has some huge fish. Sure they have legals all over that lake but the fish I see jumping at dusk are trophy size. I have not tried to bottom fish or use spinners there yet but they are in there and some other large fish as well. I never got a clear look at them but they are big. I catch at least a legal or two there but that has been with a bobber. Next time I am going deeper and getting some action.

troutdude
troutdude
Welcome to the herd known as the OFFaloes.

Try floating a worm OFF of the bottom, at Estacada. Or, float some Berkley's Power Eggs. Or, use a "slip float" and adjust your depth; and use some salmon eggs or power eggs.

It's hard to tell you where; as you do not mention where you are (or what area you wish to fish).

B
beaverfan
If I were you I'd head back out to the Sandy and say, "screw the trout, I'm goin after the big boys!"

With that said, check the stocking schedule on the ODFW website and go somewhere within a week of the stocking. There's tons of info on what lures and bait to use in the trout section.

F
fishman15
I live in lake oswego but i will do a 40min drive. Also is the tualitin good the last time i fished it i pulled out a little small mouth

W
wormosa
go to hagg lake, i caught 15 trout in 2 days and 1 catfish there...and yes i kept only 10 trout

troutdude
troutdude
You da man Wormy!

W
wormosa
i betcha i have caught prolly between 150 and 200 trout out of hagg this year.... at this point i give them away to friends lol

troutdude
troutdude
It's all good man. And good for you, for sharing!

G
GMR
I'll show you where lost lake is if ya like. I wouldnt mind a trout dinner...
And they just stocked it

Last edited:
F
fishman15
thanks every one i think i am going togo to hagg lake i have been to lost lake and caught a few rainbows