I need some info on Willy sturgeon

B
billfish
i plan on sturgeon fishing the willy this week any info like were what boat ramp will help a lot thank you to any one who helps

S
SNDSLGR
Cathedral park boat ramp, under the st. johns bridge is what you are lookking for. Going north on the bridge turn left at Burgerville then left on Baltimore street and that will take you to the water.

B
billfish
thank a lot leaving on wed once again sndslgr thanks i will report when i get back .

S
southside_10
billfish said:
thank a lot leaving on wed once again sndslgr thanks i will report when i get back .

Good luck! Wed is a C/R only day.

Peace, Tom

B
billfish
i geuss i have to check the regs huh? could you elabrolate please

H
halibuthitman
billfish said:
i geuss i have to check the regs huh? could you elabrolate please
thursday-sat keepers, all other days are non-retention:)

B
billfish
thank for the heads up so i can c/r on wed and then thur - sat i can keep one a day beetween 38-54 right? is that reg for columbia and willy ? thanks again hhm

F
frodog
yes that is the rule with the exeception you may retain seven days a week on the columbia from buoy ten to river marker 43 i believe check odfw web site for all the special regs. I too have been fishing the St. Johns area. I am not sure about every one else but the action seems pretty slow from sun up till about 9am and really kickin from 11am-2pm. I have been focusing my efforts to the areas around the train tressle and the toyota hole saw a guy fight an oversize on saturday for a little more than an hour.

S
steelhead1
I went over last thurs,I watched a couple of guys catch at least thirty fish,one right after another.we were forty feet from them and fishing the same hole/depth.the only difference was the bait they were using:think:.they got several oversize and tons of shakers,and both got a keeper.We managed to land five little shakers:confused:Oh yeah,and I got to see a drunk and obnoxious frat boy fall out his boat(he is ok,and he deserved it!)

S
SNDSLGR
steelhead1 said:
I went over last thurs,I watched a couple of guys catch at least thirty fish,one right after another.we were forty feet from them and fishing the same hole/depth.the only difference was the bait they were using:think:.they got several oversize and tons of shakers,and both got a keeper.We managed to land five little shakers:confused:Oh yeah,and I got to see a drunk and obnoxious frat boy fall out his boat(he is ok,and he deserved it!)

were you in a boat with Honda motors on it near the ship yard?

S
steelhead1
ha!maaybe:lol:

S
SNDSLGR
I thought so, it was an incredible day of fishing to say the least. 7 keepers in the bunch and countless shakers for 2 rods.

What were you guys using for bait?

S
steelhead1
was it you guys that were tied up there and bangin em?Unbelievable.I am relatively new to that fishery,but I dont think that was the "average"day of fishing.We had every bait exept one,and I think its the one that was producing.I will bring it all next time!was it a special scent too?

S
SNDSLGR
Yeah that was me and no, shrimp (i heard you say "i wish we had some freakin shrimp" lol) you were missing was not it. That day was a smelt fillet with a nikel sized piece of squid on the tip. Everyday is differnt out there. Keep moving and trying bait/scent combos til you find the winner. 90% of the time good squid with scent will drive them wild. We had to work for it today but ended with 3 keepers.

S
Specialed
Sounds like a rewarding day-I gotta get out there soon!

S
SNDSLGR
I have not forgot about you ed. Been a busy week and today was a last minute thing.

T
The Nothing
It was goddamn unbelieveable down by St. Johns. There were 16 hoglines between toyota and the train. Screw that, i'll take my ball and go home.

S
SNDSLGR
When? I fished thursday and there were only about 25 boats between Toyota and the Freemont bridge, suprisingly light for the cluster that has been going on around there.

S
Specialed
Thanks for thinking about me-Fridays work real good for me. Thursdays and Saturdays are a little hit and miss but should be OK at least 1/2 the time. I'm looking forward to it.

B
billfish
frodog said:
yes that is the rule with the exeception you may retain seven days a week on the columbia from buoy ten to river marker 43 i believe check odfw web site for all the special regs. I too have been fishing the St. Johns area. I am not sure about every one else but the action seems pretty slow from sun up till about 9am and really kickin from 11am-2pm. I have been focusing my efforts to the areas around the train tressle and the toyota hole saw a guy fight an oversize on saturday for a little more than an hour.

thanks for all the info guys it helped a lot we cought 20 fish 2 guys one boat no keepers lots of shaken next time for sho . thanks for all the on spot info we had a great time . looking forward two my next trip ....