I love second option fishing

F
Finneus Polebender

Missed the canoe maybe it has been removed and yeah we were told 3-4 hr drift or 1.5 hrs to row through , my behind try on the water at 10 am drifting with one very short lunch stop finally reached elkton at 7pm had so much fun catchin those smallies barely noticed . got a bit too much sun but survived! Think the big K ranch is right across and below the slide hole put in , think you caught the big one there TT.

Last edited:
GraphiteZen
CAn you put in at The Big K Ranch? I bet that was a fun paddle in the dark with the occasional boulder sticking up out of the water or sitting just below the surface. lol. I missed the canoe. lol How about you FP?

Haha Luckily I have an extremely bright light that clips to my hat so I could see alright, so long as I have enough batteries for it (which I barely didn't, they only last two hours a set). I remember just rowing and rowing and rowing thinking "Two hours my ASS" haha... The thing was I didn't know the river and there are some knarly drops just up river that I had been going over for two days. The one that is right before the slide hole is like a 700 yard long chute barely wide enough for a drift boat with big boulders you have to S around and logs and everything, vertical wall the entire 700 yards... The first time I went through the guy I was with didn't even want to try it. He wanted to portage it. So I didn't know WHAT the hell I was getting into in the middle of the night. I would come up on those few little rapids but just hear WWWWOOOOOSSSHHHH off in the distance and be like "Oh. God." haha but it was all good haha...

Last edited:
GraphiteZen
This is where I put in.

Google Maps

You can put in at the Ranch but their land use fee is steep, naturally, as it's a resort.

Last edited:
Raincatcher
Ummm...did someone say "hijack"? lol

GraphiteZen
F
Finneus Polebender
GraphiteZen
UH OH busted TT said he didn't think NWK was at the umpqua that would be my bad .

Haha!! Every time I see a smallie now I think Umpqua as well! That's funny! Sorry NWK!

F
Finneus Polebender
Haha!! Every time I see a smallie now I think Umpqua as well! That's funny! Sorry NWK!

fell into same trap Autoassociation there ! try lookin up that word hahaha

N
nwkiller
no problem boys, sounds like we got some decent info on here for smallies, i guess it could have been my bad sense i didn't name the spot!!! all good thought, might help the forum to move the umpqua stuff over to upqua, but whatevers

again, nice job guys

T
TTFishon
N
nwkiller
UH OH busted TT said he didn't think NWK was at the umpqua that would be my bad .

acaully i guess this thread is under bass fishing in oregon, so i think everything goes together good