I love second option fishing

F
Finneus Polebender
GraphiteZen said:
haha Nice job!!! Yup I knew where you were at immediately!! That is such an awesome stretch of river. For the record, where you put in is just on the other side of the highway from the Big K Ranch. The water is fast right up to that last chute that is on the east side of the highway, slide hole is on the west side down river a little I believe (I believe it's down river and not right at the bridge. I was never clear on where 'Slide Hole' was at). The water is slow from the last chute on. The first time I floated that last section I was told that it would take me two hours tops to get from the bridge to town. I had put in miles and miles up river and had been camping for two days. I was going to row that last section into town at the end of the day, load up and go home so I didn't even hit slide hole until almost dark hahaha.. Yeah I had a lot of rowing to do in the dark.

Good job, nice fish!! Did you see the silver canoe wrapped around on of the rocks about half way down? :lol::lol:

Missed the canoe maybe it has been removed and yeah we were told 3-4 hr drift or 1.5 hrs to row through , my behind try on the water at 10 am drifting with one very short lunch stop finally reached elkton at 7pm had so much fun catchin those smallies barely noticed . got a bit too much sun but survived! Think the big K ranch is right across and below the slide hole put in , think you caught the big one there TT.

Last edited:
GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
TTFishon said:
CAn you put in at The Big K Ranch? I bet that was a fun paddle in the dark with the occasional boulder sticking up out of the water or sitting just below the surface. lol. I missed the canoe. lol How about you FP?

Haha Luckily I have an extremely bright light that clips to my hat so I could see alright, so long as I have enough batteries for it (which I barely didn't, they only last two hours a set). I remember just rowing and rowing and rowing thinking "Two hours my ASS" haha... The thing was I didn't know the river and there are some knarly drops just up river that I had been going over for two days. The one that is right before the slide hole is like a 700 yard long chute barely wide enough for a drift boat with big boulders you have to S around and logs and everything, vertical wall the entire 700 yards... The first time I went through the guy I was with didn't even want to try it. He wanted to portage it. So I didn't know WHAT the hell I was getting into in the middle of the night. I would come up on those few little rapids but just hear WWWWOOOOOSSSHHHH off in the distance and be like "Oh. God." haha but it was all good haha...

Last edited:
GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
This is where I put in.

Google Maps

You can put in at the Ranch but their land use fee is steep, naturally, as it's a resort.

Last edited:
Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Ummm...did someone say "hijack"? lol

GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
Raincatcher said:

Uhhhh I'm like this in real-life so I have an excuse? Yeah, that sounds good. :D

F
Finneus Polebender
Raincatcher said:

UH OH busted TT said he didn't think NWK was at the umpqua that would be my bad .

GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
Finneus Polebender said:
UH OH busted TT said he didn't think NWK was at the umpqua that would be my bad .

Haha!! Every time I see a smallie now I think Umpqua as well! That's funny! Sorry NWK!

F
Finneus Polebender
GraphiteZen said:
Haha!! Every time I see a smallie now I think Umpqua as well! That's funny! Sorry NWK!

fell into same trap Autoassociation there ! try lookin up that word hahaha

N
nwkiller
no problem boys, sounds like we got some decent info on here for smallies, i guess it could have been my bad sense i didn't name the spot!!! all good thought, might help the forum to move the umpqua stuff over to upqua, but whatevers

again, nice job guys

T
TTFishon
GraphiteZen said:
This is where I put in.

Google Maps

You can put in at the Ranch but their land use fee is steep, naturally, as it's a resort.

That looks like a nice, long, killer float.

N
nwkiller
Finneus Polebender said:

acaully i guess this thread is under bass fishing in oregon, so i think everything goes together good