I gave it a shot and fell in love

S
steel Head
well I gave in and broke out my fly rod and fell in love with this style of fishing completly after a very nice guy coached me on some basics and supprisingly I hooked something but lost it now im hooked any feed back from you fly guys and gals will be apreciated type of flys to use and where to use them im still lost on that part

S
steelhead_slayer
I know from your other post you were fishing the Deschutes. Is this the river you are looking for advice on? or maybe you have others in mind?

S
steel Head
well I would take any advise I live close to the sandy, love fishing mt. hood area lakes maybe try some streams, but yeah some info on the "D" would be great
thanks in advance

B
Bkerbs
Are you a pioneer?

S
steel Head
Bkerbs said:
Are you a pioneer?

ok im lost a Pioneer? whatcha meen

E
eggs
steel Head said:
ok im lost a Pioneer? whatcha meen

Maybe they were wondering if you graduated from sandy union high school? ? That's my best guess... I will chime in on this thread tomorrow on tips around these parts.

S
steel Head
eggs said:
Maybe they were wondering if you graduated from sandy union high school? ? That's my best guess... I will chime in on this thread tomorrow on tips around these parts.

I was kinda thinking that and yeah your advise will be apreciated I was actualy gonna PM you and ask but yeah please hook the tips up

S
steelhead_slayer
my advice for the D if your going to be back real soon is to nymph. try a two fly setup up with a big heavy fly above like a stonefly and a small fly below it like a pheasant tail. also if you do some searches on here for lower deschutes there should be a ton of info

S
steel Head
alright i will do so thats how that man set mine up with a bobber up above the flys ... Im still a little lost on the names of flys but doing a lot of research on them

Reactions: eggs
E
eggs
What type of fishing are you looking to do around Sandy / Mt Hood? Lakes or streams?

S
steel Head
eggs said:
What type of fishing are you looking to do around Sandy / Mt Hood? Lakes or streams?

trout eventualy steelies and I want to try lakes and streams actualy behind my inlaws mt.cabin there is a stream I want to try out