I am haunted by waters

O
OnTheFly
Great! I'll never look at that movie the same. Just like I'll never look at Ned Beaty the same after the movie Deliverance.

Irishrover
Irishrover
halibuthitman said:
just the little things I pay attention to... But I don't really care, sometimes I don't like being alone with myself...it scares me

So I'm watching a western movie, over the Court House is a US Flag with 50 stars. It not right for the time period, I mention it. My wife looks at me and sighs..........just watch the movie!:rolleyes: I know what you mean.

B
bigsteel
halibuthitman said:
just the little things I pay attention to... But I don't really care, sometimes I don't like being alone with myself...it scares me
:lol::lol:

G
GDBrown
OnTheFly said:
Great! I'll never look at that movie the same. Just like I'll never look at Ned Beaty the same after the movie Deliverance.

You just had to bring up That movie!:mad: Now I can't get the music out of my mind:rolleyes:

Same thing happens with other movie too......

A
autofisher
It's a great movie....... makes me want to hit the water soooooooooo bad....... Dave you need to get over here and teach me to tie up some flies.

brandon4455
brandon4455
autofisher said:
It's a great movie....... makes me want to hit the water soooooooooo bad....... Dave you need to get over here and teach me to tie up some flies.

i just realized what your sig was :lol: i just watched some of the movie today and it was awesome. it's one of my moms favorites too.

Y
Yohan
halibuthitman said:

Correct me if I'm wrong; but didn't they film most of the river scenes on the Gallatin?...even though it's suppose to be on the Black Foot.

Last edited:
H
halibuthitman
the tight water shots of when they are kids and also when they take buster fishing are the Boulder River, the waterfall shot is done in wyoming.. at the end when he get old and recites the poem he is in the canyon on the gallatin south of Bozeman. and the ariel shot in the beginning is the headwaters of the yellowstone. so heres the best factoid.. all of the fish are stock pond native montana fish.. no hooks were used at any time in the movie, instead the mono was tied through the fishes jaw... and the fish were played,, put back in an ariated tank and safely returned to their home-.... the humane society had a person on set at all the fishing scenes, to ensure the fishes safety....

T
todd_brooks
halibuthitman said:
The early rods portrayed, and the ones used by the kids are 8 1/2 Grangers, by the end of the movie they are casting walton powell hexograph rods that have been built dated.. all of the reels exept one are a pflueger medalist 1496.. the lines are courtland and in the shadow casting segment it is triangle taper.. none of the gear in the movie is period correct... the 1496 did not come into production until 1929.

What is a triangle taped line? And I can hardly believe they had to protect a few trout in the making of this film. I guess that the world we live in.

L
lilsalmon
Hmmmm I used to drive the Gallatin 2-3 times a week to go to Safeway in Bozeman.......I love that movie too but the first time I watched it I didn't fly fish....now I love it even more. I know someone that is going to Montana to fish this summer...........two people actually....gonna do the loop starting up on the Kootenai.....yesssssss

T
Throbbit_Trout_Slam
the scenes needing townscapes in a river run through it were shot in cottage grove i remember when i was younger seeing them in town. bee jee jigs may know that.

H
halibuthitman
Triangle taper in my own humble opinion is the finest dry fly line produced.. it is made by royal wulff and shoots an astonishing distance yet can be carried in the air quite easily... as far as the fish in the movie,, hard to believe?.. the best thing about this forum is I don't care if anyone believes me.. but I have a very personal connection to this movie.. and all I can say is robert redford is a tree hugging pussy... and I know becouse Ive met him, so in closing.. the best fact I have to give.. in the book all the fishing takes place on the blackfoot.. in the book they used hooks, in the book they ate what they caught, in the book all the rods and reels were correct... in the book is Normans heart, the loss of his brother, the memories of his youth.... his story...all are reall, kill your telivision.. and read a book-... oh, and make sure you always have a climbing back cast-

Last edited:
M
metalfisher76
halibuthitman said:
Triangle taper in my own humble opinion is the finest dry fly line produced.. it is made by royal wulff and shoots an astonishing distance yet can be carried in the air quite easily... as far as the fish in the movie,, hard to believe?.. the best thing about this forum is I don't care if anyone believes me.. but I have a very personal connection to this movie.. and all I can say is robert redford is a tree hugging pussy... and I know becouse Ive met him, so in closing.. the best fact I have to give.. in the book all the fishing takes place on the blackfoot.. in the book they used hooks, in the book they ate what they caught, in the book all the rods and reels were correct... in the book is Normans heart, the loss of his brother, the memories of his youth.... his story...all are reall, kill your telivision.. and read a book-... oh, and make sure you always have a climbing back cast-

Not that I have a climbing back cast..... but here, here!!:clap::lol:

M
mrlindeman
That movie is great but it makes me sad :(

GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
halibuthitman said:

haha....