I-5 bridge area

R
redsox0407
Was wondering if anyone had some tips for the rest stop are. If any remember my other post, poking fun at ODFG. Well Still haven't got one, and one means anything other then stocker trout. I live a couple of miles from the I-5 rest stop. and figure hey that’s double the luck on either the north or south right. Problem is I think that its twice as big also. There's great trail access all over. I'm basically fishing corks and yarn and have a hell of a time getting it over to the faster moving water on the other side. I do realize its still running high right now. But with next week looking dry(!) I think it could be a good week and I've got it ALL off. Anyone have any tips or pointers on this area of water?

R
RunWithSasquatch
Ive fished it out of a sled, its probably not the most conducive bank fishing area. I think people do it. To me when the water drops, I think bobber fishing behind the bridge pillars with eggs or prawn would produce a chinook thats catching a break in the eddie, or plunking on the east side of I5 as high as you can go would be good too, it forms a fishy slot along the riprap.

Last edited:
R
redsox0407
have never even went east. Will def. try it out .thank you

brandon4455
brandon4455
sandshrimp plunked or under a bobber. and size 5 blue foxes. and im pretty sure thats the mainstem santiam at the i-5 bridge.

R
RunWithSasquatch
brandon4455 said:
pretty sure thats the mainstem santiam at the i-5 bridge.

Yep, its just not the best bank fishing area. Another alternative Red Sox is to fish at the boat ramp in Jefferson, people run bobbers and plunk there all the time, its a little better area if you want to fish the main off the bank, and isn't to much further away. Best bank fishing will be in one of the forks, and if the water drops theres enough fish in there to chase them around.

R
redsox0407
Well been hitting it all along the rest are and went over to Jefferson a bit also. Nothing yet except a couple of 12ers off the #5 Blue Foxes, lol. I've been hitting those pillars hard and this is my week, so every one steer clear! lol, actually come on down and show me how its done. I'd love to watch a good hook up just as much. I'm predicting Thursday with the projected weather will put the river at the lowest of the week or yet this year. Every inch it drops :Advantage me. Thanks for all your suggestions and pointers guys. I'll post pics of the monster on Friday!

Last edited: