Hungry,greedy fish

B

bigsteel

me and lilsalmon hit the breitenbush river and it was a great time,,,,casting dries to the likely holding spots and gettin slammed by nice rainbows,,,,,did i mention i love fly fishing,,,,two of the fish were taken the day before on the north santiam. my main fly rod broke:mad::mad::mad: but im gettin use to the old fenwick 6 weight

Last edited by a moderator:
troutdude

troutdude

Side note: was the broken rod graphite...and is the Fenwick fiberglass? Hmmm.......

NICE FEESHES BTW!

W

waco

nice fish!!!! so how you pole broke? you hooked a huge fish or what happen?? lol

B

bigsteel

the broken rod is graphite and the one im using is my fathers old fiberglass,,i love it........well i broke the pole by laying it between two rocks and i slipped when i was getting up and all my weight went directly on the cork handle and SNAP:shock:

M

Mike123

:clap::clap::clap:

Fly fishing fiend... haha.

Hey Dave, do you have a fly rod that would work for coho???

L

lilsalmon

Breitenbush was nice. I found a nice little hole and had bout 6 fish but then these guys came in across from me and started plunkin worms...they were cool though......unfortunately, they caught 4 of the ones I released....:D :confused:

S

Sinkline

Last edited:
E

everett464

Broken rods suck, but fiberglass is maybe the most underrated material out there, I'd say you probably couldn't do better with a backup, or even a primary rod. The biggest weakness with fiberglass, is that companies aren't putting the good components on them.

It's a marvel of marketing that at least half of us aren't bending fiberglass rods on the river.

S

Sinkline

Last edited:
E

everett464

I know why they do it... money. The people spending money are spending money on distance, and It is more than a few feet too.

Also, I have casted an Orvis Helios, and I'll tell you right now, its pretty sensitive, even while being an absolute rocket.

The thing is, I am so far away from buying a $800 fly rod, that it is ridiculous. The $170 I spent on my Echo Carbon made me a little sick to my stomach, so When I look at these $50 fg rods that were the bees knees in technology just 50 years ago... it makes you wonder, right?

troutdude

troutdude

ummm...not to hijack...but, I have personally never broken a fiberglass rod--and the action (in my opinion) cannot ever be beaten by the stiffness of graphite.

Now, back to the subject at hand............

S

steelhead1

I went up and fished there last weekend,the fishing was OFF the hook! Probably thirty something stockers landed,I lost count in about fifteen minutes! After I figured out a technique that worked, it was on! I just found a stretch of river that it wouldnt be easy to lug in a half rack of coors light,and there were tons of fish around. 4 wt rod, Olive beadhead booger,wet swing and "fly" it through the pockets,fish on every time! So much fun:)

Top Bottom