How not to net a steelhead

T
Throbbit _Shane
Well-known member
Heres a video my friend made. The first clip you can see a successful net job. 2nd clip you will see how not to do it :D

[YOUTUBE]Inlbelc5ndQ[/YOUTUBE]
 
oh man that was funny
 
As tough as it is, I will net a fish myself if I feel/know the person with me is inexperienced, for exactly that reason or from them swinging the net all over the place.

But..... He has to get first hand experience somehow, mistakes = more knowledge on what not to do.

Maybe you should post this in the tutorials section also :D.
 
o thats funny
 
The guy with the video camera DID say "Get 'em"
 
Oooops!lol
 
still think its funny only cause I have a friend who is miserable with the net and thats what we call the butterfly. there is no substitute for someone who knows how to get er done with the net
 
When I first came home to the ranch to manage it, I used the old nets hung up in the woodhouse. Blew every one of them out. String nets, even if kept off the floor, just don't keep for decades. I lost more than a couple bigs ones as they tore through the bottom of the net. In order to untangle the mess from the snags (and I always fish in snags), I had to cut the fish loose. This year I bought a few new nets when they went on sale.
 

Similar threads

bass
Replies
5
Views
542
Chromatose
Chromatose
bass
Replies
3
Views
531
troutdude
troutdude
M
Replies
13
Views
2K
Davpot
D
bass
Replies
0
Views
358
bass
bass
bass
Replies
0
Views
496
bass
bass
Back
Top Bottom