How much is this gun worth?

T
Thuggin4Life
Hey thanks I will look into one here soon.

T
Thuggin4Life
Which one is the one they have at bimart? All off these seem to be at least double if not triple the price you mentioned.

S
SNDSLGR
I believe its the standard 700 BDL, at bi-mart its usually 369 but they have sales on them on/off all year that get them real close to 300. They do the same with the Ruger which is another great choice. Go have a look when you can and ask them about the sales... they usually just repeat the same sale so the clerk should be able to give you a good idea.

GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
nimzrock said:
T4L , If you are "really" serious about the rifle I would suggest that you ask the owner to meet you at a gun shop. That way you can have the gunsmith check it over for you and give you a ballpark on its value.

That is some solid advice.

S
SantiamDrifter
Remy 700 are cannon's. You can't go wrong with them, they have great out of the box accuracy. I just bought my Remington 700 sps dm in .300 win mag a couple months ago for a little under 670. I put a Leupold VX-3 CDS 4.5- 14 scope on it which ran me 640. The scope is sittin on Leupold Long range STD mounts with a built in 20 MOA slope, and a Harris Bi-pod. But when its all said and down that gun will put down any animal in north america.

T
Thuggin4Life
See this is where i get confused. I can;t find what calabers are available for certain models. All i find is that there are mutilple caliber choices for the models available.

S
SantiamDrifter
Thuggin4Life said:
See this is where i get confused. I can;t find what calabers are available for certain models. All i find is that there are mutilple caliber choices for the models available.

Go to remington's website. Click on the gun you want. It will take you to the gun overview page. Just click on the specifications tab and it will give you all the data you need, including what cailbers its avaible in.

T
Thuggin4Life
I new it was something easy I overlooked. Thanks.

C
capblack
SantiamDrifter said:
Remy 700 are cannon's. You can't go wrong with them, they have great out of the box accuracy. I just bought my Remington 700 sps dm in .300 win mag a couple months ago for a little under 670. I put a Leupold VX-3 CDS 4.5- 14 scope on it which ran me 640. The scope is sittin on Leupold Long range STD mounts with a built in 20 MOA slope, and a Harris Bi-pod. But when its all said and down that gun will put down any animal in north america.

let me get this straight $670 for the gun, $640 for the scope, probably anothe $150 for the mounts and bipod. Thats about $1450. werent we talking about a $350 700 earlier? theres no way Im spending $1500 on a gun, Im going to run through the northwestern oregon brush with. You can get a very good, solid built straight shooting setup for $500 or $600, and the guns Ive been killing elk and deer with for 20 yrs are a sporterized 7 mm mauser that a friend and I built, and a savage 30-06. Ive got around $450 into BOTH of these rifles, and Ive never shot at an animal I didn't take home. just my two cents, Brian

H
halibuthitman
Im pretty sure santiam drifter drives drives a l6" lifted ford turbo diesel King ranch Edition to his job... where he doesn't need it, I wonder.... its like using a framing hammer to put in a thumb tack. Go buy a Marlin 336 30/30 at any gun store in america.... that gun HAS actually killed any animal in North America.

C
capblack
I agree hitman, for brush hunting in western oregon you can't go wrong with the good ol lever 30-30 open sight. theres a proven weapon for sure, and you can find them used for around what $250. Brian

C
capblack
hey thuggin. If your still interested in a new rifle for this season, I just picked up a brand new synthetic 30-06 I believe its a model 100. it says MADE IN THE USA on the side. I put a scope, and sling on it, and Im right at $320 or $330 with everything. I can't say how good it shoots yet, I havent even sighted it in, but mossberg makes a good gun, and you can't beat the price. $249 for the rifle NEW!! I dont know how you feel about the synthetic rifles, but I love them for this part of the globe. I have a wood stock on my 7mm and I have to take it apart and refinish it every couple years. (I like to hunt from the brush rather than the cab of my truck) Brian

S
SantiamDrifter
halibuthitman said:
Im pretty sure santiam drifter drives drives a l6" lifted ford turbo diesel King ranch Edition to his job... where he doesn't need it, I wonder.... its like using a framing hammer to put in a thumb tack. Go buy a Marlin 336 30/30 at any gun store in america.... that gun HAS actually killed any animal in North America.

Actually I drive a civic lol. And a Remington 700 in .300 win mag can take down any big game in north america. When I buy something, I buy new! I buy the best I can afford! Why buy an ugly stick when I can afford a G-Loomis. When theres something I want, I save up and buy it.

S
SantiamDrifter
capblack said:
I agree hitman, for brush hunting in western oregon you can't go wrong with the good ol lever 30-30 open sight. theres a proven weapon for sure, and you can find them used for around what $250. Brian

Which I have one!

S
SantiamDrifter
capblack said:
let me get this straight $670 for the gun, $640 for the scope, probably anothe $150 for the mounts and bipod. Thats about $1450. werent we talking about a $350 700 earlier? theres no way Im spending $1500 on a gun, Im going to run through the northwestern oregon brush with. You can get a very good, solid built straight shooting setup for $500 or $600, and the guns Ive been killing elk and deer with for 20 yrs are a sporterized 7 mm mauser that a friend and I built, and a savage 30-06. Ive got around $450 into BOTH of these rifles, and Ive never shot at an animal I didn't take home. just my two cents, Brian

And yeah, I'll use this for my western tag's. I've spent a lot of money, Thats why I buy the best quality. I also bought Leupold scope caps. If im gunna spend that much money, Im gunna protect my investment. Now with that said, I plan on using it more for eastern oregon, montana, idaho ELK. Im just as happy shoot the ruger m77 30-06.

Quater at 200 yards, cold bore. No fouling. With hand loaded ammo. It gets the job done.

F
fishkiller
Just get what you can afford, I started out with a Marlin 30-30 and many deer have fallen to it. When I got the money I upgraded to a Browning A-bolt Stainless Stalker and absolutely love it. I had a Bushnell Elite on but had some fogging issues which led to a gut shot animal. So I upgraded once again to a Leupold VX3, like I said this didn't happen over night. I see many people in the woods with lever actions no scopes. The deer doesn't know the difference it's only going to get the business end.

C
capblack
SantiamDrifter said:
And yeah, I'll use this for my western tag's. I've spent a lot of money, Thats why I buy the best quality. I also bought Leupold scope caps. If im gunna spend that much money, Im gunna protect my investment. Now with that said, I plan on using it more for eastern oregon, montana, idaho ELK. Im just as happy shoot the ruger m77 30-06.

Quater at 200 yards, cold bore. No fouling. With hand loaded ammo. It gets the job done.

Well, if you got the scope caps, then youll probably be AOK running through the brush with a $1500 rifle. Id have that one in the fort knox while hunting the western oregon brush with your 30/30

F
fishkiller
It's kind of like when you see those fat cats on TV that get out of their $40,000 rigs, hop on their quads and make their way to their heated tree stands over a food plot. They see 150 class bucks all day yet they aren't big enough. That's not hunting!!! I'm very lucky, my wife loves the taste of wild game and is very supportive of my obsession. I spend on average 200 hours a season chasing deer and elk. I'm not a horn hunter, I'm a meat hunter. My wife loves a full freezer and I try to make it happen. I would hunt deer with my 10-22 if it were legal, the point is you don't need a mercedes to kill a deer just get out and put in work!!

H
halibuthitman
well, the question of the $1500 mod 700 is a moot point... for mr santiam.. its a fine weapon he knows how to use.. but you don't teach a kid how to drive in a porche roaster, all of the $350 rifles shoot well enough to kill game, but does thuggin? I love my Browning BAR 338, but I only use it in Alaska.. I have a nice ruger no. 1 I shoot at deer with. and I adore the glenfield mod. 30 30/30 win for brushy blacktails.

S
SantiamDrifter
halibuthitman said:
well, the question of the $1500 mod 700 is a moot point... for mr santiam.. its a fine weapon he knows how to use.. but you don't teach a kid how to drive in a porche roaster, all of the $350 rifles shoot well enough to kill game, but does thuggin? I love my Browning BAR 338, but I only use it in Alaska.. I have a nice ruger no. 1 I shoot at deer with. and I adore the glenfield mod. 30 30/30 win for brushy blacktails.

I first starting shooting with a 30-06. Then upgraded to a 300 win mag, Then just bought my remy 700 a couple months ago. But no matter what I use to hunt, I always make sure to get in as much practice with my .22 as possible. Its a great gun to practice your breathing, sight aligment, trigger control and shot calling without the recoil of a magnum round. Accurate shooting comes from a proper base. Without that nothing matters.