How many times a week do you guys eat fish???

T
todd_brooks
Good question. Not enough for the most part. I Love all fish. But only get to eat it maybe 3 to 4 time a month. The worst is having to break down and buy some chinook the other day on my way home from the river. That sucked but made for a nice dinner.

troutdude
troutdude
Raincatcher said:
I apologize for not putting an end to the gibberish here earlier. I also apologize for not completely deleting the posts and letting you guys see my reason. I meant no OFFense to anyone and hope y'all understand. Let's not give in to egging this member on...it doesn't help. Please stay on topic and let it go. Thanks,guys.
I don't get to eat nearly enough fish cuz I don't get out like I would like to.

Barb, 2 minutes after my previous post (last night), I came back to change it. But, you had already taken care of it...and I appreciate your efforts!

Oh, and me too...don't get out enough. So, I don't get to eat fish very often. But, I DO like it...LOTS!

troutdude
troutdude
Mad dog said:
Damn.....got Punk'd!!!

Yep. I have too.

Thanks for starting this thread though...it's been interesting.

troutdude
troutdude
Hey...has anyone on here had Trout Almondine? It's YUMMY stuff!!!

I
idahojeff
Being from Idaho, I think I first had almonds with some brown butter smothered on trout when I stopped nursing! lol! If you have not tried this, YOU HAVE TOO! I was a chef for 12 years and that dish never disappoints the guests! Still most(90%) of the trout restaurants buy out here comes from a farm in my home town.

Reactions: OnTheFly
B
bernduffy
I actually keep count of servings (@4oz) that I consume annually from my fishing efforts as a counterbalance to the costs of this hobby/passion/way of life. I'm spending around $1200 this year. That includes everything: from gas to fees to tackle...etc. Looks like I'll serve about 120 portions. I figure approx $8 lb = $2 serving = $240 in fish eaten. Lots of variables here, but it helps justify the quest. The menu is 80% trout, the rest being bass, crappie, flounder, bluegill and catfish.
If I could just learn how to catch steelhead and salmon the percentage would improve.

Reactions: OnTheFly
T
Thuggin4Life
The last fish I caught if sold in the store would pay for the trip 2x but that's assuming I have a licence and tag already and my own gear.

I eat fish as much as I can all depends on the catching. I need to get a vacuum packers and start using my freezer. I prefere it non frozen so I eat as much as I can. The days right after a catch and even give away fresh fish to friends and family who are very appreciative. Also I smoke a lot of it so it lasts longer.

A
alseaalumaweld
never not sure why anyone would wana eat fish