How about a weight for this bass?

W
waco
That's really cool! Thanks MM for sharing all this info! Are you guys only looking above the falls?

M
Modest_Man
This year yes. Next year the new permit allows for it below the falls - but there will be problems with the water getting to warm to shock (we're restricted to 64 degrees F when there are Salmonids present).

O
OnTheFly
I'm thinking about 6.5....................inches across the mouth!

S
salsinker
My guess is 7.6

B
bluefoxfan
Any size to the White sturgeon in the Harrisburg area?

M
Modest_Man
We've only seen one sturgeon and it was a bit north of Albany. It was about 4' long though. Sturgeon are a deep water fish, and our radius of influence is only about 4' from the surface so we don't see them often - though they're there.

B
Bdawgdaddy1
Thats a hog, I'm from woodburn born and raised and we catch some nice ones at st louis, I just wondered if you knew of any other good places around are area

M
Modest_Man
We sampled the same bass today. Shocked it up in the same slough in the same spot as last year. Fork length is now 556mm. I was even wearing the same shirt.

P1040078_zps125c7be4.jpg

E
eugene1
Pretty cool!

Are you sure it's the same fish and not just another hog?

Btw, your research boat looks like my personal sled. Is it an old 18' alumaweld flattie?

best,

M
Modest_Man
Look at the right pectoral fin in both photos. Same split. Definitely the same fish.

Sparky is an early 80's Alumaweld sled, but she's 23'.

E
eugene1
Nice!

Modest_Man said:
Look at the right pectoral fin in both photos. Same split. Definitely the same fish.

Sparky is an early 80's Alumaweld sled, but she's 23'.

T
tomriker
i need to get me a sparky....

E
eugene1
Naw, you catch enough man!

Best,

tomriker said:
i need to get me a sparky....

J
JonT