Lakes Hills Creek Reservoir Fishing Reports

B

Bassman

no I have been to the ramp but I will be going up there Wednesday to check the ramp at Packard boat ramps

B

Bassman

Good morning Saturday25 I tried fishing at Packard boat ramp no bites the water was very . muddy from the rain ok I fish for two hr than bail out other people were putting their boats in the they said they have been doing pretty good trolling next Saturday I be trolling in my boat the winter bass should start biting good luck to all .

4labs

4labs

so are they launching in the mud or is there pavement ? and what size boats ? 12ft alum and drift boats or 20 ft north rivers
went by CG and its super low but that's exactly what Troutski graph shows
Thanks

4labs

4labs

Made it to HCR today for the first time. Yes its realllly low but launching at the ramp is easy and on pavement. Saw 3 boats
We bank fished for the first time in 30yrs.
Caught 2 14" on powerbait(mouse tail) and a chrome crocodile
Only fin clipped rainbows are allowed to protect the bull trout. Got checkd by FG Trooper. Rumors of walleye
Make sure you turn on RD 21. I didn't and ended up in Deliverance Land
LOP is doable and saw boats on it
Water kinda green-brown vis about 3ft. Saw some big fish jumping mid lake
Plants start next week

Last edited:
Oldhammer

Oldhammer

Hello All,
I went up to Hills creek on Sunday and launched my kayak at packard creek. Water was clear and fairly still. Fished that inlet and went across the lake to another inlet. I fished mice tails 16in off the bottom, cast a silver and orange Kastmaster along the shore, and trolled a mepps type wedding ring with power bait maggots on the hook. While trolling I was marking fish mainly around 30-50 ft. and I trolled various speeds from .5 up to 2 mph. Not a single bite between 9 and 1!! Any suggestions or thoughts? Reports here indicate it can be a productive fishery in Dec. and Jan. I would like that to be true for me! At least the others I talked to up there reported a similar outcome.

IMG_7726.JPG