Headed to the Metolius river

B
bigsteel
headed over to the metolius for some fly action friday and saturday night,,,,,anybody want to come along?????

E
eggs
I would if I didn't have crap to do around the house Saturday.... good luck man should be fun in the sun!

F
fisherwilly
Bigsteel,
I was thinking about going over there and casting some flies this weekend. Email me at snowbuddas2@yahoo.com with your itinerary or thoughts. I am busy tomorrow (friday) until about 11am and then free to the rest of fri and sat.

Fisherwilly

E
everett464
Did this already happen? Are you going this coming weekend, or last?

L
lilsalmon
We went Friday and stayed until Sunday and it was great....the fish weren't very cooperative and we only had a few bites but what an awesome place. We met up with fisherwilly who is very cool and gave us a lot of information about the area. We were wading with white fish swimming at our feet and the water is so clear and nice. We plan on going back. The best place to be is on the water whether you catch anything or not. I talked to a nice gentleman that was fly fishing and he said it exactly...."Its the fun and serenity that makes it all good"...he didn't get anything either...here is a few pics I took on the handy cell phone. The headwaters is awesome...bubbliing out of a hole to form the whole river....sweeeet.....

The pics arent in order but #1 and 4 are the river of course. The one with all the greenery is the headwaters with the spring that forms the river....and of course the others are obvious. We seen a lot of wildlife especially floating down the river with their babies. A duck with a brown head with poky feathers out the back....:confused: with her little ones (if anyone is familiar with it let me know what it is called) and about 15 minutes later a goose with her little ones came around the bend cruising the rapids sideways........and deer and varmints...oh my

Then we came home to reality....but that made it all good.

Last edited by a moderator:
F
fisherwilly
Great pics. The duck with the brown head and tuft on the back of the head is a common merganser. I always know it is good fishing when I see these fish eating ducks.