Hagg trifecta

L
Left Bank
Was out there from 8 - 2 and found some spots worked good and others were very slow so I switched it up a bit until I found something that worked even though it was wierd how different fish were biting in some areas. Not too bad since it was a last minute decission this morning to try it from the banks though. Had 8 trout up to 12" by boat dock C then went over just east of dock A where I pulled in 8 yellow perch (biggest was 9"). After lunch I hit the area west of dock A where I targeted smallmouths (10") and brought in 7 then by the dam where I landed the last small.
8 of each species for the day was pretty cool since I don't think I've ever accomplished that feat. Most were on the small side but it's better than the alternative.

T
Thuggin4Life
Hey man that sounds like a good day out on the water to me!

L
Left Bank
Thanks. It was a bit slow until I'd find out what was working in each spot. Must have spent at least an hour in each area without a bite until I found the right combo and the last smallie took forever to get.

F
fishinmomma
Thats awesome...we were thinking of hitting up Dorman pond but I think we are going to go to Hagg instead!!!

F
fishinmomma
What were you using? Just off the bank or by boat?

L
Left Bank
fishinmomma said:
What were you using? Just off the bank or by boat?

I was on the bank since it was a last minute decission. Otherwise I would have loved to use the float tube since the weather was calm. For the trout at dock C I couldn't get a bite until I used a bright green roostertail. The yellow perch were, of course, biting worm on the bottom. The bass were the strange one for me though. I was actually trying for more trout and finally started getting bites with a red panther martin and a bit of worm on the hook.
Good luck if you do go and remember that they seem to be very picky lately at Hagg. Nothings worse for me than to sit with powerbait just because "everyone else is doing it" but not much (or nothing) is happening. Keep experimenting until something works.

F
fishinmomma
Awesome thanks so much LB!!! Will let you know if we get anything. If we don't go out tonight then we are going out tomorrow!

T
Throbbit _Shane
nice job with the trifecta :D