Hagg Lake beast foul hooked?

troutdude
troutdude
Snapped this pic of this beast, caught at Hagg, back in '13. It was an 11 pound / 29 inch monster. I was at the store, also, when it was weighed and measured. So those are accurate figures. And it took the fisherman, 45 minutes to bring it to the bank (in his tube). So that we could net it, for him. That Hum Dinger lure, is 4 freakin' inches long!

But I still can't decide if it's foul hooked; or not. What say ye?

• photo32067.jpg
W
wils
Fish ate it and that's where the hook wound up --- in the jawbone.
So how'd it taste?

hobster
hobster
Looks good to me, appears the fish was hooked inside the mouth even though the hook is mostly outside. That is a beast for sure! Probably weighed even more when it came out of the water

troutdude
troutdude
It wasn't my fish. Here is another, albeit kind of grainy, of the guy who did catch it. And I forgot to mention that it was, a one year holdover.

EOBOY
EOBOY
troutdude;n610138 said:
It wasn't my fish. Here is another, albeit kind of grainy, of the guy who did catch it. And I forgot to mention that it was, a one year holdover.

I friend of mine is related to that guy, I posted the picture here the day he caught it, can't remember the title I used. I was stunned when I saw it.

Reactions: troutdude
troutdude
troutdude
Believe it, or not. But I've seen even bigger ones, taken from Hagg! But not for about 3 years now. It's getting too much pressure anymore.

GaryP1958
GaryP1958
Foul hooked a 200 lb:) Bat Ray of Anacapa Island once took me around the island twice!

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
troutdude;n610133 said:
Snapped this pic of this beast, caught at Hagg, back in '13. It was an 11 pound / 29 inch monster. I was at the store, also, when it was weighed and measured. So those are accurate figures. And it took the fisherman, 45 minutes to bring it to the bank (in his tube). So that we could net it, for him. That Hum Dinger lure, is 4 freakin' inches long!

But I still can't decide if it's foul hooked; or not. What say ye?

not foul hooked. that is definitely "hooked inside the mouth".

M
mosd
No different than side drifting or bobber doggin a bead pegged 6 inches above the hook..

troutdude
troutdude
Thanks guys. Good to see you posting again MOSD!