Haag Lake bank fishing

I
itchtofish
I am taking my 9 year old son fishing for the first time. We plan to go to Haag Lake and bank fish for trout. It has been a very long time since I have been fishing and my son is very excited for his first experience. Any suggestions on good spots for bank fishing and tips that will improve our chances would be greatly appreciated.

troutdude
troutdude
Try the Sain Creek and/or Scoggins Creek inlets. Use Berkley Power Eggs OFF of the bottom, with about 4' of leader to start. Cast one rod out farther and deeper. Then cast the other one closer and shallower. When you find 'em then cast both rods to the same distance/depth. Good luck. Let us know how you do.

I
itchtofish
troutdude said:
Try the Sain Creek and/or Scoggins Creek inlets. Use Berkley Power Eggs OFF of the bottom, with about 4' of leader to start. Cast one rod out farther and deeper. Then cast the other one closer and shallower. When you find 'em then cast both rods to the same distance/depth. Good luck. Let us know how you do.
Thanks for the tips. I will let you know how it goes!

Reactions: troutdude
I
itchtofish
@troutdude Thanks again for the tips. It was a great day at Hagg! My son caught his limit and I managed to get a couple as well! We started a Sain Creek and ended at C Ramp at the closest end to Sain Creek. My son is excited to go back!

troutdude
troutdude
Most excellent! Thanks for letting me/us know. That's awesome. And an outing with pops, that the youngin' will never forget.

Hmm...maybe I need to change my handle to "fish pusher"? Since I've helped to get another fisherman "hooked". LOL

Reactions: itchtofish
troutdude
troutdude
Hey @itchtofish what color of Power Eggs did the trick? And were the fish up close, or father out from shore?

I
itchtofish
troutdude said:
Hey @itchtofish what color of Power Eggs did the trick? And were the fish up close, or father out from shore?
We used fluorescent yellow garlic scented power eggs. The fish were up close in the early morning and further out in the later morning.

I
itchtofish
@troutdude My son has been all smiles since and telling his friends, and anyone that will listen, how great the fishing was with dad! He even cleaned the trout and was excited to eat them for dinner. Now he wants to fish for salmon!

troutdude
troutdude
itchtofish said:
We used fluorescent yellow garlic scented power eggs. The fish were up close in the early morning and further out in the later morning.

Ha. A totally typical way that 'bows react, at this time of year. Glad that you found them and had fun with your son.

Reactions: itchtofish