great fishing at DL

B
bobbn
Spent 4 days last week at Diamond Lake with very good success. Of the 44 fish we caught, over half were 18" or longer. We talked to a former DL guide, Fish On John, who told us how to fish the lake. Tackle: 6 lb test flurocarbon, #4 octopus hook, with 5'-6' under a bobber. Bait: worms with Mike's extra strong shrimp oil spread thickly on the worm. Use a worm threader and leave a little bit of worm hanging off the hook. location: South West corner along the shrimp beds. We did best in the water depth of 6'-7'.
Another fisherman who worked at the DL Marina for 7 years told us that all of August is the best month to fish DL. Here are some of our pics.

Last edited by a moderator:
G
gottafish
Thank you for the great report. :clap: I am headed there next week. We have always gone in June. Bug hatch was huge last year & fishing wasn't great for us then. I was thinking that this time of year might be better. It's great to hear the fishing was good for you. Thanks again for an awesome report and the tips.

B
bobbn
You're welcome and good luck.

C
Chopper
bobbn, I am new (back) to fishing, gave it up for several years but just took it up again. My father always loved fishing Diamond Lake in October and I told him I would take him up on the boat. Did you hear how the fishing forcast is suppose to be for then?
Thanks for the tips, will give it a try on our trip

B
bobbn
Fishing at DL in Oct

Fishing at DL in Oct

Hi Chopper;

Glad to hear that you are back into the great sport of fishing. Your dad will enjoy DL. It will be much colder in Oct so I don't know how the fishing will be affected. Here is the phone number of the marina/boat house. They can tell you how it is and what is working: 1-800-733-7593 X238. Let me know how you do.
Good luck and tight lines,
Bobbn