Grader training and trout fishing

T
TTFishon
I had the opportunity to take a week of grader training near Brothers in Central Oregon. So of course I brought my fishing pole. I arrived at the hotel in Bend at around 4 PM, checked in, unpacked my things, drank some beers, and hit the river. Luckily the Dechutes river runs right through the hotel. I gave myself about an hour to fish before the sun set and caught about 3 of these little guys. noname7.jpg
On Monday I found out that we were grading about 15 miles from Prineville Res. So when Tuesday rolled around I figured I'd try my luck at the lake but there was one problem. I was sharing a rig with a co-worker. It just so happens that he fishes too but he also is big into elk hunting so naturally he wanted to scout around a little and promised we'd fish on day 3. Never did see any elk but we did find a herd of antelope. Finally the end of day 3 came and we decided to fish at Antelope Flat Reservoir. At about half way there we had to turn around for fear of getting stuck in the snow in a company rig. Luckily we passed about a 3 acre lake on our way so we headed back to see what it had to offer. My first cast out I caught a 10 inch fat little bow. On my second cast I had a bump, then another bump, then fish on! In the next hour or so I proceeded to catch 10 to 12 more trout all ranging from 8 to 12 inches. My co-worker only caught 2. He didn't have a Thomas. lol
Sorry about the pics. I only had my phone.
noname3-1.jpg
noname6.jpg
noname5.jpg
noname4.jpg
noname2.jpg

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
:clap: Very nice! :clap:

GungasUncle
GungasUncle
Rock on dude. Those Thomas Buoyants can slay the fish, can't they?

brandon4455
brandon4455
nice job ted :clap:

F
Finneus Polebender
work and play can go together nice one!

L
lilsalmon
sounds fun.....good job

T
TTFishon
Thanks guys!

J
JeannaJigs
Rad. The river runs right behind my workplace. I look at it longily everytime I'm in an room on the east side of the hospital. You're lucky to be able to combine the two lol

18406ej
18406ej
I love the fish shots, but would also like some shots of the grader! I have heard that it takes a good deal of skill to operate one of those, and I am always impressed by the work that those machines can do.

Nice job catching, glad you had a good time,

T
TTFishon
Yeah, at 3 and a half days of training I'm still at an infant stage. I wished I would've taken more pics of the training. Hopefully next year I will get to go again. If I do I'll make sure to take more pics.

H
Hawk
Great Job bro TT.

:clap::clap::clap:
:cool::cool:
:D:D