GP skunked :(

L
lcsodiver
Well went up to GP on Sunday and camped to Tuesday. had a great time, though the weather was crappy. I got one bite Monday trolling corn in tuna oil, and one bite Tuesday spinning a mepps from the boat ramp.

It was a great fishing trip, just a bad catching trip :p

Bob

L
lcsodiver
on Sunday one other group of 3 guys said they hadn't gotten any bites all day either

C
capblack
what were you doing? downrigger? fish finder? lead line? how were you getting down to them, and were you locating them? Brian

L
lcsodiver
no fishfinder or downriggers yet, just flat-lining it with 2 oz of weight small home built trolling rig with willow leaf spinners and wedding ring with white corn... trolled from the thistle creek ramp up the quartz creek arm all the way to the old gated boat ramp. it's the first time I have fished GP so I may just not have been in the right area.... the other guys that were there had a finder, though I didn't see any downriggers, but they said they could see fish on the finder shallow but couldn't get them to bite.

I wish they would have left the old ramp open as that would be a fine place for me to launch... that was the only place that had ok shore access for getting up to camp ;)

troutdude
troutdude
Next time you got out to GP, and can launch a boat...troll the eastern shore line. Flat lining with a Ford or Doc flasher set, wedding ring tipped with worm and corn kernels...and you should catch both trout and kokes this time of year.