Got two today

J
jonson
After some frustrating weeks with only a couple on the hook--and those not for long--I finally banked a couple today on the Siuslaw. Not all that big--27" for one, 29" for the other--but very welcome. Both on spinners. Here's a picture of the smaller of the two.

P
plumb2fish
Nice hen.

T
Tred
Congrats on the fish from the ol snagslaw. Its been a weird year on that river for me. Only constant is all the times I break off and thats minimum of 15 per float trip.

R
rippin fish lips
Nice little hen for sure. What size of spinners were you using?? #4's or 5's?? We fished both with little success yesterday. Was a weird/hard day for us. Although we were onto plenty of fish, none wanted to play besides the one that fooled me, bit my spinner, set the hook, fish swims towards me, hook aprently didn't stick into anything, and he got away after i felt a few wiggles/turns :( Was fishing boulders with 2-5 feet of water in them.

J
jonson
rippin fish lips said:
Nice little hen for sure. What size of spinners were you using?? #4's or 5's?? We fished both with little success yesterday. Was a weird/hard day for us. Although we were onto plenty of fish, none wanted to play besides the one that fooled me, bit my spinner, set the hook, fish swims towards me, hook aprently didn't stick into anything, and he got away after i felt a few wiggles/turns :( Was fishing boulders with 2-5 feet of water in them.

#4, homemade.

R
rippin fish lips
jonson said:
#4, homemade.

Very nice, thank you for sharing. I found a very nice lookingh homemade spinner. Will take a pic. I would like to see what yours looks like if u want to share it too. Im a spinner junkie... lookin at homeade spinners is like lookin at a fish caught with a spinner hanging from its mouth.. :)

B
bran_man
You hardware huckers! Lol nice fish glad to hear somebody got into some out there. It was pretty slow from what I saw and from what I heard as well. Tough fishing in low water. Nice work

S
Scott M
Nice hen, bright, great color. Congrats!

M
Mad dog
Outstanding!!! :clap:

F
fuson22
Me and the Slaw are breaking up....

Me and the Slaw are breaking up....

ANOTHER day fishing the snag slaw with 00 fish in the net... The water is even LOWER than last week (which I didn't even think was possible) but I threw everything from size 3,4,and 5 KND Custom spinners, Bobber and jig, Bobber doggin it, my normal drift fishing tactic with yarnies, pegged corkie and yarn, just a beed, everything but the kitchen sink! And I'm not a "hardware chucker either. But I "hear" that people have been catchin em consistently with spinners, key word HEAR... I'm no newbie to slayin steelies, or slayinn steelies on that stretch of water in my Koffler or from the bank. But I can say now, I will NOT be back up there or the Alsea until we get a good few days of rain and that water is up 4 or 5 ft. Maybe I'm just butt hurt lol, but this is sure gettin old. I'm usually killin it by now... Nope, not this year. I pray we get some good rains soon, then my friend it will be ON!!! Everyone else good luck. Oh yeah, quit lyin about you cathin fish Tucker lol you dont know how to throw a bait caster lol jk.