Good way to store leaders?

M
montym
Storing leaders has always been a pain for me. Initially I used to store them in individual zip lock bags, then I started using this thing from Eagle Claw. Better, but I really need to take care to get the length right. Then I got this idea, not perfect but I think a lot more flexible. When I get some time, I plan to make something very similar. Small somethings for the swivels at one end, and lots of wire set-up like in the picture but with a smaller gap. That will allow me to store leaders of any length. The rectangular thingy, don't know what it will be, will be slotted so that the hooks can slide under the wire easily.

What do you think?

leader storage.jpg

Cheers
M

Last edited:
jhop111
jhop111
Pips leader box. It's the best way for me to store my pre tied drift rigs. It's smaller, protects all of the leader, stores more and is easier to carry.

E
eugene1
I put them around pipe insulation.

F
FishOn420
I have always just rapped the string around my fingers into a nice circle then put in a zip lock baggy. I haven't had any issues yet but this method looks like a great way to organize your leaders without dealing with tangles. Thank you posting!

Casting Call
Casting Call
Sean! Use a swimming noodle cut to size, with slots for leader and sink hook anywhere you please. Goodwill a buck apiece, 36" long. Tony

Casting Call
Casting Call
colors of noodles

colors of noodles

Used for diffrent lenghts. Tony

H
handmethewrench
I use the noodle as well, I use a razor blade and cut slits, they sell them at BI-MART for cheap. Fits in the pocket of my fishing vest so I don't spend half my fishing time with no line win the water. The leader tends to stay straight when I pull it off as an added bonus.

T
THE JEFF
+1 for pipe insulation its smaller around than pool noodles so it fits in my vest better

B
bigboy70
I second the pips

M
montym
Thank you folks, I'll be doing for pipe insulation now :)

Cheers
M

hobster
hobster
eugene1 said:
I put them around pipe insulation.

Only way to go + there are different sizes so you can choose whats best for you.

M
montym
You have a convert here, just took out a couple of inches from my daughter's swimming tube for a try, and I like it. Next step, buy pipe insulation. Thanks folks for the inputs.

Cheers
M

Casting Call
Casting Call
montym said:
You have a convert here, just took out a couple of inches from my daughter's swimming tube for a try, and I like it. Next step, buy pipe insulation. Thanks folks for the inputs.

Cheers
M
Make sure you get the closed cell pipe insulation,it floats. The open cell foam acts like a spounge and goes all out of shape if sat on. Tony