Good spinning rods under $50?

J

jayfatal

I'm cleaning out and upgrading some of my gear. Thought I would ask some of you other bass anglers what's your favorite inexpensive spinning rod? I don't want to spend more than $50 on a rod, need a heavy 6'6" rod and a medium 7' rod. What do you think?

jayfatal

C

colbypearson

I'm cleaning out and upgrading some of my gear. Thought I would ask some of you other bass anglers what's your favorite inexpensive spinning rod? I don't want to spend more than $50 on a rod, need a heavy 6'6" rod and a medium 7' rod. What do you think?

jayfatal

i know you said 50$ but i would reccomend this rod i have used freinds and i am satisfied alongside them its the only rod under 100$ i personally reccomend its 60$-70$,

St. Croix Triumph Series Spinning Rods

i personally would look for one locally, i dont support BPS personally.... i know sportsmans warehouse here in medford has them maybe try up there?

troutdude

troutdude

Okuma makes really decent rods, and they're in that same price range as I recall. Try Bi-Mart, or Wholesale Sports (maybe Dicks).

I

imfishing

Greetings all...

I resently side graded to okuma sst rods and put my loomis beauties on ice. I just got tired of slipping in the mud and falling down at cedar Creek with $1200 dollars worth of gear in my hand. Very Painfull.

So I went to Okuma sst....Yep I got the whole family for less then half that of one high end loomis rod. $55 bucks each.

One thing though:
They are made in china, which violates my patriotism among other principals.

I only saw they [Wholesale Sports] had anadromous fishing rods...SST=Salmon, Steelhead, and Trout.

I saw that fisherman's had a better supply of okuma SST rods at $74.00 each

Hope that helps.

R

ryan808

Get a custom rod built, you get way more for your money. You get 3X more for your money. I can help you put a custom rod together that will outperform any factory rod for less the price. With that being said, I agree the Okuma's are a good rod for the price.

troutdude

troutdude

Yep. I like those SST's...that exactly what I was referring too.

I can catch just as many fish on a $70 rod, than I can with a $500 one!

C

colbypearson

Yep. I like those SST's...that exactly what I was referring too.

I can catch just as many fish on a $70 rod, than I can with a $500 one!

im not saying the difference will amount to much but there are obvious reasons for high end rods, just throwing that out there :)

J

jayfatal

thanks for the info guys... Have any of you had any experience with All Star Rods? know a guy that bought a mother load of All Star rods when a store closed a few years back. He has hundreds of them in his garage. They look and feel really high quality. He is selling them pretty cheap, so I may buy at least one just to try something new. Anybody ever use one? Discuss.... thanks

C

colbypearson

thanks for the info guys... Have any of you had any experience with All Star Rods? know a guy that bought a mother load of All Star rods when a store closed a few years back. He has hundreds of them in his garage. They look and feel really high quality. He is selling them pretty cheap, so I may buy at least one just to try something new. Anybody ever use one? Discuss.... thanks

ya i know about allstar rods HOOK ME UP WITH A DEAL!!! lol i would jump on that if you get the oppurtunity hahaha

A

Amberjack

I know the outfit that the Allstars came from... Buy Buy Buy... Colby if you only knew about those Allstars.... I bought 400 blanks... LMAO.. and YES I DID.
If you can get a deal on those you are getting a really nice rod. Get a one piece. If you get one for around $50 then you are ahead of the game. From what I know about those rods, they are all custom built. I personally know the shop and the builder.

Last edited:
C

colbypearson

I know the outfit that the Allstars came from... Buy Buy Buy... Colby if you only knew about those Allstars.... I bought 400 blanks... LMAO.. and YES I DID.
If you can get a deal on those you are getting a really nice rod. Get a one piece. If you get one for around $50 then you are ahead of the game. From what I know about those rods, they are all custom built. I personally know the shop and the builder.

sounds like a good buy to me!!! :D

R

ryan808

Ive build on an All-Star blank its a good blank, and price wise even better. AmberJack, any chance you want to let a couple go?:D

C

colbypearson

Ive build on an All-Star blank its a good blank, and price wise even better. AmberJack, any chance you want to let a couple go?:D

haha i know huh!!! lol, got any spare models

T

tonedef89

I have been very happy with the Abu Garcia Vengeance. It's sensitive and I've horsed some bass out of pretty think gunk with it. $50 at Sportsmans. You might check out the sale at Tackle Warehouse on the American Rodsmith Team Series too. I got my dad the 7' medium and it looks and feels nice. Haven't taken it out yet.