Good places to bank fish

J
JesseTRDrollin
Hey all,

My dad is visiting from Idaho, and I was going to take him over to the Alsea tomorrow morning. I have not fished there as I normally fish bass. He wants to try to get into some Salmon. Would anyone mind sharing some good places to bank fish off Highway 34?

thanks,

Jess

C
Combat Chuck
Lots of pull-outs, just be sure your fishing under(below) Five rivers. Check the wide spots in the road for water that suits your style. There are fish throughout the river. Also Coho fishing has closed as of 45min ago.

F
Fish-N-Chips
there is a boat ramp and parking lot area below 5 rivers(I forget the name??) But if you park there and then walk down the bank a ways there is some awesome shoots and holes full of salmon. the river is low enough to walk along the bank down there right now. When you reach the house that is about as far down as you want to go in that particular area. Then there is pull out after pull out to go find little slots to fish in. I want to go down there so bad. Maybe next month!! Have fun and bring a big net for sure. You will probably hook a lot more coho than chinook, but either way it will have a blast!!

troutdude
troutdude
Go to this link. Scroll down to "Activities". Then click the "show" button to the right of "Fishing". Click on the links for the various areas that pop up (e.g. Mike Bauer Wayside). Then you can review maps of those locations.

http://www.fs.usda.gov/wps/portal/fsinternet/!ut/p/c4/04_SB8K8xLLM9MSSzPy8xBz9CP0os3gDfxMDT8MwRydLA1cj72BTJw8jAwjQL8h2VAQAzHJMsQ!!/?ss=110612&ttype=recarea&recid=42369&actid=83&navtype=BROWSEBYSUBJECT&position=BROWSEBYSUBJECT&navid=110400000000000&pnavid=110000000000000&cid=null&pname=Siuslaw+National+Forest+-+Alsea+River+Corridor

Good luck.

J
JesseTRDrollin
Thanks,

We fished around Ermie Walters boat ramp. My dad caught 3 on shrimp. My buddy and I were fly fishing, and had no luck. There sure are a lot of fish around there! It was my first time there, and I plan to head back soon!

troutdude
troutdude
I'm glad to see that someone in your group, got into some fish.

A primary reason that you saw a lot of fish, is that the water level only rose so high. If we get any significant rainfall--before your next trip--I'd encourage you to move upstream. If we don't get any (or very little) rain before your next outing; the fish will still likely be largely holed up at Ernie Walters. They'll be sitting there waiting for more rain and colder water temps, to start moving again.

R
RunWithSasquatch
Ermie is more or less a half mile, from the deadline. So wont be able to go upstream to far.

troutdude
troutdude
DOH!

Thanks for pointing that out bro. My bad.