Good fall days with my boys

jamisonace
jamisonace
2011 record.jpgDylan's Steelhead.jpg

A couple of nice steelhead we took this week. The first was the biggest of the year measuring out at over 32". It was a healthy buck that we really had to work for. I took two friends out and it took us awhile to find this one. It hit my rod but I was rowing so I let me buddy work it to the boat since he had two slip off last time we fished and he had never landed a steelhead before. We were all pretty stoked to see the size of the fish so I got a picture with it too...seen here.:D

The second fish was the most fun of the year. I hadn't had luck earlier in the year with my boys so this is the first steelhead by youngest son got to land this year. It hit his rod on our first pass of the day within 10 minutes of fishing. By the time we got it to the boat his arms were burning and he could barely reel but he stuck it out and managed it up to the net. There is nothing better than seeing my boys land big fish.

Reactions: beaverfan
J
JeannaJigs
Very cool!!

T
TTFishon
Nice steelies!

R
rippin fish lips
Nice steelies! Looks like i am slacking... just a lil bit haha.

F
fishingfreak
Nice job Dad! Great looking Steel!

A
alm21
jamisonace said:
There is nothing better than seeing my boys land big fish.

No doubt, my boy landed his first salmon yesterday. Makes a dad proud!

T
Thuggin4Life
Great report man! Nice fish and way to get out with the boys!

S
SALTYFISH
Your boy will never forget his first steel. Neither will your buddy.

H
Hendo30
Nice fish, thanks for sharing...I have a little guy (he's 3) myselfand can't wait for the days that he can get into some fish for himself with out dad handing the pole over for him to reel in. Great memories and bonding your making. Good luck out there going forward.

M
markasd
Right on! Nice first fish for the boy!