Gales Creek questions

Fred

Active member
Can you use hotdogs to fish for catfish and pikeminnow on Gales Creek? What is the limit for pikeminnow on gales creek?
 

EOBOY

Well-known member
Fred;n613971 said:
Can you use hotdogs to fish for catfish and pikeminnow on Gales Creek? What is the limit for pikeminnow on gales creek?
I don't know why not, you could use anything you think they will eat! I think you can catch every squaw fish in Dairy Crk. and no one would blink an eye.
 

Fred

Active member
EOBOY;n613976 said:
I don't know why not, you could use anything you think they will eat! I think you can catch every squaw fish in Dairy Crk. and no one would blink an eye.
thanks
 

bass

Well-known member
Most Featured
No, you can't use bait in Gales Creek. If you read the regulations for the Willamette zone you will see that even for Pikeminnows and suckers, angling is restricted to artificial lures and flies in streams unless there are explicit exemptions. Gales creek does not have an exemption and thus it is illegal to use bait for any species at any time while fishing there.

I have found reading the regulations in the following fashion to be helpful. I first look at the body of water and see if there are special regulations then I go back and read the zone regulations. It usually produces a pretty straightforward explanation of what is and isn't allowed for any given body of water.
 

EOBOY

Well-known member
Well, there ya go! Dang Regs............hehehe...........I remember fishing Gales Crk. before it was ever in the regs.............I'm getting to darn old. Good one Bass, good to see you.:hi:
 

Fred

Active member
bass;n614069 said:
No, you can't use bait in Gales Creek. If you read the regulations for the Willamette zone you will see that even for Pikeminnows and suckers, angling is restricted to artificial lures and flies in streams unless there are explicit exemptions. Gales creek does not have an exemption and thus it is illegal to use bait for any species at any time while fishing there.

I have found reading the regulations in the following fashion to be helpful. I first look at the body of water and see if there are special regulations then I go back and read the zone regulations. It usually produces a pretty straightforward explanation of what is and isn't allowed for any given body of water.
Went fishing at the b street hole and Caught a ton of pikeminnows on hotdogs did not know it was illegal xD. I guess I'll stick to lures they bite on those too
 

bass

Well-known member
Most Featured
Catch tons of pikeminnows on lures and used to catch tons of suckers flyfishing in the winter in Pennsylvania. You should be in great shape.

Thanks for the welcome back EOBOY.
 
Top Bottom