Gale force winds on the way

Irishrover
Irishrover
Sitting down here at South Beach Marina in Newport. Had a crabbing and bottom fishing venture planned for awhile. NOAA report shows 40 kt gust tomorrow with 15 foot seas. Hmmmmmmmmm don't think I'll take the boat across the bar into that stuff. Could be a little ruff even on the inside. Might just have to run out close in the bay, dump the pots and come back in and watch alittle football, then back out to check the pots.;) If your down here at the coast this weekend becareful the wind and rain are already picking up.:rolleyes:

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Thanks for the heads up report,Irishrover. You be careful out there yourself and come back with a report and pics..;-)

O
OnTheFly
Better batton down the hatches and try again tomorrow. My brother-n-law Randy just got back from his annual Ketchikan trip, the one I went to last year, and they had to stay in one day to avoid 70mph winds. That's a long day if all you can think about is losing a 6 fish limit.

I
Ifishforfood
thanks for the warning, im typing from my motel room in rockaway right now! btw, does anybody know any good shorefishing oceon spots near here, and what to use? i would like to get some bottomfish, or surfperch. any suggestions would be great.

Irishrover
Irishrover
The weather people a NOAA were right. All the charter boats were tied to the dock and will be tomorrow too. We made it out to the bay and put just four pots out but did get a dozen good hard crab for tonights dinner. The wind is blowing and shaking the trailer some, lots of rain to boot. Did not bother to do any fishing, pulling pots was enough. This weekend is not a great crab weekend as the tide exchange is big. I'll drag out the camera tomorrow. I want a picture of those two red flags flying. Would not want to be anywhere near 70mph wind on the water! Hot shower and hot chocolate with peppermint schnapps was a great way to finish off the day!

Irishrover
Irishrover
Left Newport at noon today and the weather was great, figures. There was a small craft advisory up today though. Next weekend is suppose to be a great tide for cabbing.;)