G.p. 7/11

M
mosd
planning on making a trip over there tomorrow, leave time for me is 330am. i like to get there at first light. anyone want to go lemme know, i can hold 4 peep in my boat plus seat 4 comfortable in my dodge crew cab truck

C
capblack
hope this weekend is better than last. its harder to enjoy the day when the wind is blowing like it was last weekend. especially when it starts as early as 9 am. hope you have a good day on the water tommorrow, be sure to let us know how you do, i may hit it again in the next few weeks if i get a prop for my big boat. It just blew my 12 ft valco all over last weekend. Is that why your getting rid of your valco? Brian

M
mosd
no, i just never had a use for it. mainly just for duck hunting but gonna build a layout boat prob next month or in sept whenever i can get my cabover camper fixed up and sold an out of the garage. bought it back when i had a tacoma, but traded it in for a dodge ram 1500 so it wont fit in the back of the new truck.

ya ill post pics up tomorrow if i go. sounds like there takin pink beaded wedding rings an from my source they been getting em down 50-60 foot of water, guess the heat is driving em down. also, some peeps have started to notice a hump already showing up on some of the bucks

M
mosd
gawd, 3am is starting to get annoying, just about ready to start camping over there. well this is what i caught today, needless to say i didn't know what they wanted but still managed to put a few in the boat. most of my take downs where at 50' of water. a uv pink hoochi was the lure of the day which i left at home go figure, but hooked 15 and put 9 in the boat, there was other boats out there that where just about having the limit of 25. heard down by the dam was the place to be but as you can see from one of the photos i wasn't about to go down there and deal with that mess

troutdude
troutdude
Looks like a great day MOSD.

But, was there something wrong with your boat? You mentioned something about not being able to make it down to the dam.

T
the_intimidator03
nice report great pics as well. I think its probably cause it was a madhouse down by the bouy's at the dam

M
mosd
troutdude, yes it was a mess down by the dam, to many boats and you really couldnt troll down there without tangling into someone elses line. thats why i stayed away from all that... ill be going again this weekend, but hear its gonna be a bigger mess cause on sat there having a koke fishing derby there. but ill be camping

T
Thuggin4Life
Some nice looking kokes ryan! Looks like your smoker has been very happy with you.

J
jaxworks
mosd said:
planning on making a trip over there tomorrow, leave time for me is 330am. i like to get there at first light. anyone want to go lemme know, i can hold 4 peep in my boat plus seat 4 comfortable in my dodge crew cab truck

what do you use for lures or bait at GP? I have talked with lots of boaters there that don't do well at all...including me sometimes

M
Moe
Nice job gettin' into some fish!

J
jaxworks
I live in Hillsboro and am semi-retired so can go fishing pretty much any time. I grew up in Wyoming (trout fish only) so don't know the ropes here...I would like to go to GP with someone to show me the finer points of fishing that lake. Email me next time you are going if you want some company. jaxworks@verizon.net ask for Allen